Real Task 2 GT Exam Question From 09/01/2016 IELTS -Politeness

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
EnglishLover

Real Task 2 GT Exam Question From 09/01/2016 IELTS -Politeness

Post by EnglishLover »

In today’s society people have become less and less polite.
What do you think about this opinion?
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

People have different views about how others behave in our community. While some say people these days behave less thoughtfully, I believe it is true up to some extent and many solutions could be identified to create a better social environment.

There are various reasons why this could not be true. People have distinctive personality traits and these could be often misunderstood as an impolite behaviour. For an example, it would be a little weird for introverted persons to say ‘Good Morning’ to a stranger that they meet at a bus stop because they tend keep to themselves or even shy to express their greetings, and the other person might think they have no manners. Politeness could be identified in different cultures in different ways. In South Asian countries like Sri Lanka and Bangladesh, for examples, saying ‘please’ regard as very rude or showing speaker’s anger, whereas in the western world it is used to show good manners. These could be confusing and misinterpreted as society is being less polite.

There are many other reasons and solutions for people’s unacceptable behaviours. Modern life styles have greatly affected how people act in daily life. Today, most of us have very busy schedules and have little time to hold the door for someone while hurrying to go to a meeting at work, for an example, because everyone is busy making a living that they forget to spread kindness. However, these behavioural issues could be reduced in many ways. Educating children about the importance of being polite and increasing cultural awareness at schools and homes would be a great medium. Getting them to practice good manners like saying ‘thank you’ and ‘sorry’ would be helpful when they become adults as they would continue to keep kind words and good behaviours.

In conclusion, I believe there are people who act in impolite ways in today’s society, but it could be the case of misunderstood traditional norms and these could be reduced.

(330 words) So many :( . I find this as a difficult topic and a different one too. Please point out my mistakes.Thank you.
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Real Task 2 GT Exam Question From 09/01/2016 IELTS -Politeness

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!
This is a very good essay! Good points, made using good vocab and very good grammar.
Well done!
David