Please Grade and Comment on my GT2. Cheerz

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
sidneyhua

Please Grade and Comment on my GT2. Cheerz

Post by sidneyhua »

Nowadays many students have the opportunity to study for part or all of their courses in foreign countries. 
While studying abroad brings many benefits to individual students; it also has a number of disadvantages.
Do you agree or disagree?

The debate about studying overseas seen to captured both positive and negative arguments. On the positive side, it might be argued that studying abroad enhances an individual’s communication skills and their understanding of the world. Conversely, on the contrary, lack of English and homesick prevents some from reaching their true academic potential. Both side of the coin shall be discussed in this essay along with my personal sentiments.

On its surface, studying abroad is a one off opportunity for some as it is an expensive option. Unlike products, choosing an expensive package does not guarantee it outcomes. In this case, studying abroad is a huge challenge to not only overcome but also succeed. The main obstacles in the challenge are up to an individual’s ability to cope with a new language as well as their mentality to overcome homesick. One great example, lack of English and missing your family hindered Vietnamese international students the ability to perform well at university in Australia.

From the inside, it is fair to say that the above statement does hold paramount factors in determining a success or failure journey for one. In my opinions, English barrier and homesick are only short-term challenges and its can be easily compensated by socializing with other international friends and everyday practice.

On the positive side, one will be able to enhance his/her communications skills and broaden their perspective of the world. This is because, living in unfamiliar environments requires human to adapt to changes. One evident was myself, after being an international student for 8 years in Australia, I am now able to communicate more effectively in English and feels that I am a better man as I can corporate positives from Australian and my Vietnamese cultures.

In conclusion, there are certain disadvantages that could hinder one to achieve his/her goals when studying overseas. However, in my opinions, there are more benefits than the drawback as long as one must know how to overcome his/ her challenges.

Word Count : 329