learning foreign language (task 2)

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
raghadmamd

learning foreign language (task 2)

Post by raghadmamd »

Some experts believe that is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school.
Do the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages
?

Learning a foreign language has become a necessity in recent decades, with more influence on young generation to learn at least one foreign language. There is of a great debate about the perfect age for learning that language. In this essay, I will explain both points of view and will propose my opinion.

A growing number of people believe that it is mandatory to teach their children one or two of foreign languages, they think that this should be done early in their young age so that it can be much easier for them and they can reach the level of the native speakers. in the same context, some families are emphasising on the foreign language more than their original ones. For example, it is more common in Arab countries to see the young children talking in English even with their parents to the extent that the bystanders cannot determine their nationality.

Turning to the other side of the argument, many of the people think that the child in his young age should be taught a maximum of one language until he clearly understands it and masters its vocabulary, at this point only we can start in teaching a new language, but this view ignores the fact that children have different intelligence levels and many of them are high performances to the level that they can memorise up to 3000 words by the age of three years. for this reason, it is recommended for parents to carefully assess their child ability to learn before pushing him in a highly sophisticated educational system.

To sum up, there are both pros and cons for learning a foreign language in elementary schools. In my point of view, I totally agree that early learning foreign languages is beneficial with careful consideration of different learning abilities.
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: learning foreign language (task 2)

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

Overall, a good essay but you haven't really explored the debate about learning at primary or at secondary school. You are focusing more on whether they should be taught foreign languages at all, it seems.

All the best,
David