Task 2 - Underpaid Workers - Exam on 23rd of January - Looking for Band 7

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
adnanaadil

Task 2 - Underpaid Workers - Exam on 23rd of January - Looking for Band 7

Post by adnanaadil »

SOME PEOPLE FEEL THAT CERTAIN WORKERS LIKE NURSES, DOCTORS AND TEACHERS ARE, UNDERVALUED AND SHOULD BE PAID MORE, ESPECIALLY WHEN OTHER PEOPLE LIKE FILM ACTORS OR COMPANY BOSSES ARE PAID HUGE SUMS OF MONEY THAT OUT OF PROPORTION TO THE IMPORTANCE OF THE WORK THAT THEY DO.
HOW FAR DO YOU AGREE?
WHAT CRITERIA SHOULD BE USED TO DECIDE HOW MUCH PEOPLE ARE PAID?

An educated, hardworking individual is a blessing to our society. Some advocates believe that people such as doctors, nurses and teachers do not get paid as much as celebrities such as actors, musicians or players. In my opinion I agree to this consensus generally.

There are two important reasons for my point of view. Firstly, the field of medicine requires lots of dedication and hard work. Moreover, after years of struggle, when a doctor or a nurse starts working in their job placement, they have to go through the real skill of protecting precious life. This involves night time shift, on-call duties, where a physician has to be alert and ready all the time. It also involves countless hours of hardships, sleepless nights. Teachers in our community are especially undervalued. They have to invest their knowledge and carry the responsibility to educate the masses.

Secondly, celebrities are individual such as actors and players. Although, common people follow them as role models, they are generally paid overwhelmingly. It is important to note that there are a few individuals who certainly deserve the amount of pay they get. However, most of the actors or players get paid more than they deserve.

In conclusion, as you can see that it is imperative that a balance must be asserted between the pay difference of an actor and a doctor. A fixed criterion of pay must be sought and set on the amount of work an individual performs. However, nobody has a right to regulate such a criteria.
Adnan