(PLEASE KINDLY ASSESS) Essay - Life in prison is a better punishment for murderers? (Agree or Disagree)

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Herwinnnn

(PLEASE KINDLY ASSESS) Essay - Life in prison is a better punishment for murderers? (Agree or Disagree)

Post by Herwinnnn »

By Punishing murderers with the death penalty, society is also guilty of committing murder. Therefore, life in prison is a better punishment for murderers.
To what extend do you agree or disagree with this statement?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is advised that putting murderers into life-long prison is a better alternative than subjecting them to death sentence because by doing that, society feels guilty. In my opinion, I agree with this statement because of two reasons. Firstly, when sentencing murderers to jail, it can prevent the negative emotional feeling, such as anger and hatred, of their loved ones and secondly, in a long-term consideration, these criminals may be able to contribute to society.

To begin with, it is an innate nature for human to be together with their life partners or families. No matter how wicked a person can be, he still has his family, and mostly, his parents and siblings do not wish that any of their family members to suffer, even murderers. As an example, when I was young, I had an experience of stealing my classmate's wallet, and my act was spotted by a teacher, who just passed by my class. Despite the illegal affair I had done, my parents still forgave me because they love me. Hence, by considering this idea, it is best to outlaw the death sentence.

In addition, another point to consider is that these prisoners could greatly contribute to society as they constantly learn new skill in prison. Learning another skill that can benefit themselves and environment is an ideal strategy so that there are more helping hand to the mother nature. For instance, New York Times, a renowned magazine, once reported that more than 80% of criminals, including murderers, were learning simple skill that can improve the environment, such as gardening, agriculture, and making craft by some trainers professionals. Thus, if death penalty is implemented, there would be lesser helping hand to nurture the earth.

In conclusion, this essay stands on the position to subject murderers to life sentence because it can let those who care for them to visit them, and perhaps, more importantly, they can contribute to society as well as transforming them back to decent people regardless that they stay in prison forever.

(331)Words
Last edited by Herwinnnn on Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: (PLEASE KINDLY ASSESS) Essay - Life in prison is a better punishment for murderers? (Agree or Disagree)

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!

Basically, this is a good essay, despite some vocab and grammar mistakes. Ideas are clear and developed to a certain extent.

Well done!
David
Herwinnnn

Re: (PLEASE KINDLY ASSESS) Essay - Life in prison is a better punishment for murderers? (Agree or Disagree)

Post by Herwinnnn »

Thank you David !!! Appreciate your effort for helping for providing feedbacks ! May God bless you!