PLEASE KINDLY ASSESS MY WRITING TASK 2 - DOING THE SAME OF CHANGING

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
hollanda

PLEASE KINDLY ASSESS MY WRITING TASK 2 - DOING THE SAME OF CHANGING

Post by hollanda »

Some people prefer to spend their lives doing the same things and avoiding change. Others, however think that that change is always a good thing. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.

It is true that many people pursue a certain career for their whole life without any changes. While this decision can be beneficial to some extent, I would argue that it is much more advantageous to take several changes.

On the one hand, there are various reasons why some decide to follow only a profession and avoid changing. Firstly, it is undoubtedly true that a number of occupations require many years of training and hard work to climb to the top. For instance, to be fully qualified as a doctor, ones must sacrifice years of studying then practising, failing and starting again, thus they will be unlikely to change their profession. Secondly, people who commit to a certain profession for a longer time can progress rapidly, which also provides them with opportunities to promotion. This is understandable since by working in a major for a long time, they will accumulate a vast amount of knowledge and experience, which makes them experts. If they just embark upon a job for a short time, chances are they might not be competent and experienced enough to be managers or directors.

On the other hand, I believe that changes provide individuals with numerous opportunities. The most obvious one is that changing pushes people to try hard in order to adapt into a new environment. This will likely help them to discover their potentials and abilities, which cannot be revealed if they keep doing the same thing. Furthermore, challenges in a new job break ones’ limitation and broaden their horizons. For example, after resigning from the previous job as an accountant, which required nearly no interaction with others, my brother decided to become a salesman. He is now able to produce a presentation in front of a crowd without being anxious and depressed like before.

In conclusion, although many choose to lead a career without changes, I am convinced that changes is the best way to discover and better oneself.
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: PLEASE KINDLY ASSESS MY WRITING TASK 2 - DOING THE SAME OF CHANGING

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hi Hollanda,

Very Good essay!

Well done!
David
monir301

Re: PLEASE KINDLY ASSESS MY WRITING TASK 2 - DOING THE SAME OF CHANGING

Post by monir301 »

Hi,

I also get some interesting things from this Task-2.

For example ---

On the one hand and On the other hand, the example from your brother, and also the last sentence

Have a lovely day