Writing task 2: Topic - Change

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
jayzeelou

Writing task 2: Topic - Change

Post by jayzeelou »

You should spend about 40 minutes on this task.

Write about the following topic:

Some people prefer to spend their lives doing the same things and avoiding change. Others, however think that change is always a good thing.

Discuss both these views and give your own opinion

Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

You should write at least 250 words.

The world is considered to be ever dynamic, constantly evolving and adapting. Despite the inevetable change, some people completely shun it and continue to exist doing the same thing over and over again. However, there a some who preceive it as a postitive phenomenom. This essay will discuss both sides of the debate before a written conclusion is drawn. 

On one hand, people who completely avoid change are contended with thier current status. They consider thier daily routine, culture, traditions, perceptions as safe, absolute and would not risk it it being dramtically changed or be swayed by others. Take for example, The Sentinelese Tribe, the community has been untouched by outside influnced for more than 60,000 years. The tribe has not attempted to made contact nor wants any sort of infuence. They have become so overprotctive of thier community that they resort to hostility and violence to sadeguard thier standards from the rest od the world. Hence, this is why many people gravitate to the notion. 

On the other hand,  People who embrace the dynamic aspect of change constantly seek to be challenged. These sort of individuals want sustained growth in mind, body and soul which is achievable once a person is constantly developing to become better. Take for instance, Athletes pursue to become the best in thier craft. They batter their bodies with different routines to challenge thier physique to become stronger, faster and better. Therfore, this is why some people glady embrace change.

To sum everything up, people who absolutely avoid change are already satisifed with thier current situations while people who willingly accept change want to be sustainedly molded to transcend thier former selves. personally, I believe that change should be seen as a postive outcome. it helps prevent stagnation and helps a person develop a broader perspective of life.  
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: Writing task 2: Topic - Change

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hello!
I think that this is a good essay, but you could also mention the downsides of each viewpoint.
David
jayzeelou

Re: Writing task 2: Topic - Change

Post by jayzeelou »

David.IELTS.Examiner wrote:Hello!
I think that this is a good essay, but you could also mention the downsides of each viewpoint.
David
I see. It never crossed my mind. Thank you for the suggestion, I could have written a more detailed essay if I knew that earlier. :D