please grade my letter. thank you ( general task 1)

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
rairaichan0323

please grade my letter. thank you ( general task 1)

Post by rairaichan0323 »

Write a letter to a friend in a foreign country who has invited you to their wedding and say:
- Why can’t you attend the wedding?
- Tell them about the gift you are sending.
- Suggest how you can meet after the wedding.

Dear Jenny,

I am glad to hear that you are getting married next Sunday and thank you for your invitation to your wedding party.

I would love to attend your wedding; however, I am not able to join it because I am going to have conference in Sydney during next two weeks. I am really sorry about that and I hope you will have an unforgettable ceremony. Although I could not attend your wedding party, I have sent a present to you, which you would receive it in two days’ time. It is a portrait of you and your husband that is drawn by me. I firmly believed that you would love it. After the meeting, I would arrange holidays for going to Chicago to meet you. Once again I wish you would have a nice and sweet wedding party and hope we can meet you and your family during my holiday.

Best regards
Janis
andytruong1202

Re: please grade my letter. thank you ( general task 1)

Post by andytruong1202 »

rairaichan0323 wrote:Write a letter to a friend in a foreign country who has invited you to their wedding and say:
- Why can’t you attend the wedding?
- Tell them about the gift you are sending.
- Suggest how you can meet after the wedding.

Dear Jenny,

I am glad to hear that you are getting married next Sunday and thank you for your(THE) invitation to your wedding party.

ALTHOUGH I would love to attend your wedding, I MIGHT NOT BE able to COME because I WILL BE PARTICIPATING IN A CAREER/MUSIC/ETC. conference in Sydney during THE next two weeks. I am really sorry about that BUT I hope you will have an unforgettable ceremony. Although I WILL NOT attend your wedding party, I have JUST sent a present to you, AND you MIGHT receive it in two days’ time. It is a portrait of you and your husband WHICH is drawn by me. I firmly believe that you WILL love it. After the CONFERENCE, I WILL GO to Chicago to meet you. Once again, I HOPE you WILL have a nice and sweet(WONDERFUL) wedding party and I WILL meet you and your family during my holiday.

Best regards,
Janis