1st attempt on General writing task 1. Pls Help to review!

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
paperheart

1st attempt on General writing task 1. Pls Help to review!

Post by paperheart »

Write a letter to the manager of a taxi service that you have hired and say

- When and where did you use this service?
- What was the problem?
- What do you want the manger to do about it?

Dear Sir,
I am writing with regard to a taxi service that I encountered on 3rd March, Tuesday. The taxi was appointed from a taxi booth located in Gold Coast airport.

I was allocated to a taxi with the number plate of ABC2345 and the driver is an Indian man in his 50's. During the entire journey, he was driving recklessly and did not put on his seat belts. There was this time that I literally got thrown out of my seat due to his sudden emergency brake. Apart from this, he insisted me to pay for an extra $20 for loading two baggage into his trunk.

I am disappointed in the taxi service provided and believe that this issue needs to be alerted to the management. I hope the management will look into this matter and take necessary actions to prevent such scenarios from incurring.

I look forward to receiving your response.

Yours faithfully,
Jansen
andytruong1202

Re: 1st attempt on General writing task 1. Pls Help to revie

Post by andytruong1202 »

paperheart wrote:Write a letter to the manager of a taxi service that you have hired and say

- When and where did you use this service?
- What was the problem?
- What do you want the manger to do about it?

Dear Sir OR MADAM,
I am writing in regard to a problem with your company's taxi service that I encountered on Tuesday, March 3rd. The taxi was appointed from a taxi booth located in the Gold Coast airport.

I was allocated to a taxi with the number plate of ABC2345 and the driver was an Indian man in his 50's. During the entire journey, he DROVE recklessly and did not fasten his seat belt. AT A TIME, I WAS literally got out of my seat due to his sudden emergency brake. Apart from this, he insisted me to pay an extra FEE OF $20 for loading two bagS into his trunk.

I am disappointed ABOUT the taxi service and believe that this issue needs to be alerted to the management. I hope the management will look into this matter and take necessary actions to prevent such scenarios from OCCURRING.

I look forward to receiving your response.

Yours faithfully,
Jansen
paperheart

Re: 1st attempt on General writing task 1. Pls Help to revie

Post by paperheart »

Thanks for the review, AndyTruong.
Could you feedback me on the areas that I need to improve on in order to achieve band score of 7?