Please mark my essay question

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
ernestave

Please mark my essay question

Post by ernestave »

Hello, I'm new to this forum but I would like to get some feedback on this essay. I just wrote now without any help from internet etc. I need to get a band 7 so please let me know how I'm doing.

P.s. I just chose completely random question.

Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of crime. Others, however, argue that the circumstances of an individual crime, and the motivation for committing it, should always be taken into account when deciding on the punishment. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

Firstly, nowadays people commit a broad spectrum of different crimes as a result various punishments can be seen. Every form of crime deserved to be punished some requires simple punishments such a public works however serious crime requires serious punishment such imprisonment for life.

Although in some exceptional cases such as being responsible parent which never had any previous crime records circumstances of individual crime should be taken into account. As they might need to take care of their children therefore punishment should be only home arrest.Personally I believe that person circumstances shouldn't be taken into account as every crime is a crime and it needs punishment. However, motivation for committing a crime should not be taken into account except some extreme situations then person has a mental illness. Any other circumstances should not be considered then deciding upon method of punishment.

On the other hand, I strongly agree that there should be fixed punishments for each type of crime as a same form of crime should punished in a same way. Despite all circumstances and reasons for committing crime everyone who commit same form of crime should be punished equally.

Overall, I believe that the majority of punishments should be fixed for every type of crime as individuals who commit same or similar form of crime should be punished equally despite their circumstances or reasons for commit a crime. As at the end of the day every crime is a crime which needs to be punished in order to ensure the safety of other people.