Can someone please review my Essay

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
shoaibyounis

Can someone please review my Essay

Post by shoaibyounis »

Topic:
Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems.

To what extent do you agree or disagree?

What other measures do you think might be effective?

Response:

Dramatic increase in the number of vehicles on roads and pollution caused by them causes an adverse impact on the environment. Hence, it is believed by some that increase in petrol prices can end this problem. I disagree to this and believe that increasing petrol prices will cause more problems. Instead, authorities should invest in other options to reduce the load of traffic on roads. Also strict traffic laws should be enabled to avoid pollution problems.

As suggested, government authorities should be investing in different options like busses and metro trains to decrease the number of vehicles driven on roads. For example, metro train was introduced in Dubai to reduce traffic chaos in the country. Many people can use this service at cheap rates. Similarly, bus services with attractive prices can also help in the traffic jams.

On the other hand strict traffic laws should be enforced to stop environmental pollution. All the vehicles should be regularly inspected by traffic police. Fines should be imposed to set an example. Such measures will definitely contributes towards a more healthy environment.

After the analysis, it can be clearly seen that alternative transport options and strict laws can help preserve environment and make roads a better place. It is also believed that such actions will encourage people to be more responsible citizens contributing towards an eco-friendly society.