Writing task 1 - Letter

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
faty

Writing task 1 - Letter

Post by faty »

You recently completed a course and you borrowed a book from your teacher which you couldn't return in time. You would like to return the book now. Write a letter to your teacher and say:
- What book was it?
- How helpful was the book?
- Explain why you couldn't return it in time?

Dear Mr. Smith,

I am writing to return the book that you had lent me to study for the midterms. I would also like to apologize as I was not able to return the book in due time.

The book entitled as "Probability and statistics" is a masterpiece of Williams Hyeth, as you had already mentioned. The detailed explanation and an insight provisioned is worth appreciating. Since I had no prior knowledge of the subject at all, I thought I will not be able to pass the exam. Fortunately, when I borrowed this book from you and started reading, I was able to follow every topic with great zeal and understanding. In all, this book became my second teacher.

I was unable to send you the back in time because I had to immediately leave to look after my mother who got severely injured due to an accident. Now that she is fine, I am planning a visit to the university and would like to return this book to you.

Thank you for all your support during the course.

Yours sincerely,
Sara Andrews