IELTS Academic L,R,W March 1, 2014 Melbourne

Have you taken the IELTS recently? Share your questions with other students here.
vash23

IELTS Academic L,R,W March 1, 2014 Melbourne

Post by vash23 »

Hi Ryan. I just want to share some topics regarding with today's exam.

Listening: (fill in the blank, multiple choice and matching type)
Section 1: Telephone call inquiring about a farm job
Section 2: a festival and its programmes
Section 3: two students talking about the pacific language being endangered
Section 4: a new development about textile business

Reading: (multiple choice, fill in the blanks and matching type)
Passage 1: about BOVIDS and its sub family species
Passage 2: about INGA tree planting and cuts and burn people (farming)
Passage 3: about group behaviours (quite hard due to totally rephrased words of choices)

Writing:
Task 1: we were given two illustrations of floor plans, the present college floor plan and the proposed development for 2015. we were asked to write about the main features, compare it and summarize.

Task 2: People think that living in the big cities is not healthy. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Ryan

Re: IELTS Academic L,R,W March 1, 2014 Melbourne

Post by Ryan »

Great recount, Vash. Thank you very much for sharing. How do you feel about your performance?
vash23

Post by vash23 »

Well, after the exam i honestly felt good, but i am not saying that i am confident that i will pass. your two books in writing really helped me a lot. i prepared for the exam for just about a week. Reading and inculcating your techniques on those books made me confident enough. But i never practiced to write some writing tasks because i want to test it to the actual exam.I finished my Task 2 for about 30 minutes and 15 minutes for the Task 1. So i still have 15 more minutes to proofread both of the Tasks. I did some corrections, grammar checks and changed some words to a high level vocabularies (i think :) ). I am more happy to share these topics to help others.
OnlineEnglishTeacher

Post by OnlineEnglishTeacher »

vash23 wrote:Well, after the exam i honestly felt good, but i am not saying that i am confident that i will pass. your two books in writing really helped me a lot. i prepared for the exam for just about a week. Reading and inculcating your techniques on those books made me confident enough. But i never practiced to write some writing tasks because i want to test it to the actual exam.I finished my Task 2 for about 30 minutes and 15 minutes for the Task 1. So i still have 15 more minutes to proofread both of the Tasks. I did some corrections, grammar checks and changed some words to a high level vocabularies (i think :) ). I am more happy to share these topics to help others.
How was your result?
Free Ebook For IELTS Tips

Skype IELTS Teacher (All Sections) - Try For $1 / Also, IELTS Writing Correction (Upload): $1 Demo - Skype ID = "ieltsonlineenglishteacher"
kyusam

Post by kyusam »

Thank you for sharing.

Do you remember whether or not "September" and "weather" is included in your answers?
vash23

Post by vash23 »

September and weather were also my fill in the blank answers. Cheers! i hope we would get the scores we need.