Please check my essay :) (academic)

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Tatty

Please check my essay :) (academic)

Post by Tatty »

Some people think that social and vocational skills are as important as academic qualifications. To what extent do you agree disagree?
Over the past few decades due to advancement of education and technology have diversified the skills we gain. While a portion of population argue that social skills and vocational skills are as vital as academic skills others hold a different opinion. I agree with the statement because as far as I believe, academic skills are just one part of the education and in order to make it complete vocational and social skills are essential.
First of all, mere academic skills do not equip the students with the necessary skills to move forward in the rapidly moving todays world. An individual with academic skills but not the vocational skills might face difficulties in applying the theoretical knowledge in practice. For example, a doctor will have to gain the theoretical or the academic knowledge in his field and at the same time, he has to acquire the vocational skill such as performing surgeries. Secondly, none of us are living in isolated worlds. People have to associate with each other when they are living in the society together. Unless the individuals posses the necessary social skills they might have problems maintaining the social relationships.
According to the proportion of people who disagree with the statement, academic qualifications always out shine other qualifications and academic qualifications provide the individuals with the ability of operating successes fully in the society. However, this may not always be the case.
In conclusion, for an individual to be a meaningful as well as productive member of the society, I believe social and vocational skills as vital as educational qualifications. Therefore, I disagree with the statement and strongly believe that, in order to create a balanced and socially responsible individual, social and vocational skills have to be developed alongside with the educational skills.
Tatty

Re: Please check my essay :) (academic)

Post by Tatty »

Academic qualifications tend to be seen as more important than social and practical skills, such as being able to communicate effectively of cook.
To what extent do you agree or disagree.

With the development in the field of education, more people are provided with the opportunity of gaining educational qualifications. While a proportion of the population believe that academic qualifications are more vital compared to social and vocational skills, others hold a different view point. In my opinion, I strongly disagree that educational qualifications are more important than social and practical skills.
First of all, educational qualifications are capable of developing just one aspect of life. In other words, academic qualifications may pave the way for an individual to secure high paid employment. However, the same would not be meaningful in operating in the society, while associating with the other members of the society. For example, a well educated person who lacks social skills may have difficulties in co existing with fellow citizens. Secondly, in my opinion, mere education qualifications do not provide the practical knowledge that is necessary. Therefore, in order to be successful in the society one must, have the theoretical as well as the practical knowledge. A doctor who is affluent only in the theoretical side of the medical science may face difficulties in applying his knowledge in practice.
The proportion of people who argue in favor of academic qualifications might say that, academic qualifications alone, will provide opportunities for career as well as life development. However, this may not always be the case. It is true that academic qualifications may provide the chance of personal advancement, still vocational and social skills are essential to live in the society.
In conclusion, I do not agree with the statement that academic qualifications are vital compared to social and practical skills. In my opinion, in order to create a well balanced and socially responsible individual, social and practical skills have to be developed alongside to scholarly skills.
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Post by Flick »

Tatty wrote:Some people think that social and vocational skills are as important as academic qualifications. To what extent do you agree disagree?

Over the past few decades, due to the advancement of education and technology, necessary life skills have changed drastically. While a portion of the population argue that social skills and vocational skills are as vital as academic skills, others hold a different opinion. I agree with the statement(<--which statement do you agree with?) because as far as I believe, academic skills are just one part of education, and in order to have a complete education, vocational and social skills are essential.

First of all, mere academic skills do not equip students with the necessary skills to move forward in today's rapidly changing world. An individual with academic skills but no vocational skills might face difficulties in applying their theoretical knowledge in practice. For example, a doctor will have to gain the theoretical or the academic knowledge in his field and at the same time, he has to acquire the vocational skill such as performing surgeries.

Secondly, none of us are living in isolated worlds. People have to associate with each other when they are living in the society together. Unless the individuals posses the necessary social skills, they might have problems maintaining social relationships.

According to the proportion of people who disagree with the statement(<--what statement? You need to be specific), academic qualifications always outshine other qualifications, and academic qualifications provide the individuals with the ability to function successfully in the society. However, this may not always be the case.(<--Why may this not always be the case? Can you explain or give an example?)

In conclusion, for an individual to be a meaningful and productive member of the society, I believe social and vocational skills are as vital as educational qualifications. Therefore, I disagree with the statement(<--what statement?) and strongly believe that, in order to create a balanced and socially responsible individual, social and vocational skills have to be developed alongside educational skills.
Tatty

Post by Tatty »

Flick wrote:
Tatty wrote:Some people think that social and vocational skills are as important as academic qualifications. To what extent do you agree disagree?

Over the past few decades, due to the advancement of education and technology, necessary life skills have changed drastically. While a portion of the population argue that social skills and vocational skills are as vital as academic skills, others hold a different opinion. I agree with the statement(<--which statement do you agree with?) because as far as I believe, academic skills are just one part of education, and in order to have a complete education, vocational and social skills are essential.

First of all, mere academic skills do not equip students with the necessary skills to move forward in today's rapidly changing world. An individual with academic skills but no vocational skills might face difficulties in applying their theoretical knowledge in practice. For example, a doctor will have to gain the theoretical or the academic knowledge in his field and at the same time, he has to acquire the vocational skill such as performing surgeries.

Secondly, none of us are living in isolated worlds. People have to associate with each other when they are living in the society together. Unless the individuals posses the necessary social skills, they might have problems maintaining social relationships.

According to the proportion of people who disagree with the statement(<--what statement? You need to be specific), academic qualifications always outshine other qualifications, and academic qualifications provide the individuals with the ability to function successfully in the society. However, this may not always be the case.(<--Why may this not always be the case? Can you explain or give an example?)

In conclusion, for an individual to be a meaningful and productive member of the society, I believe social and vocational skills are as vital as educational qualifications. Therefore, I disagree with the statement(<--what statement?) and strongly believe that, in order to create a balanced and socially responsible individual, social and vocational skills have to be developed alongside educational skills.
Thanks for your feedback :)