Please assess my Task2 and give some suggestion

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
HappyEve

Please assess my Task2 and give some suggestion

Post by HappyEve »

Some people think that a sense of competition in children should be encouraged. Others believe that children who are taught to co-operate rather than compete become more useful adults. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

The issue of how to educate children has become a great concern of the public. Some people argue that children should be taught as competitive individuals, while others claim that cooperation is more crucial in children’s education. From my perspective, I believe that the proportion of cooperation should outweigh competition when teaching young generations.

Advocates of teaching the sense of competition in children support that competitive attitudes lead children to a successful future. With the awareness of competition, children can realize that there are different criteria to evaluate their behaviours, and they learn the necessity of comparing themselves with others. This inspires them to pursue favourable and superb performances, which is not only beneficial to cultivate their abilities but also advantageous to the whole society.

On the other hand, opposites of this idea highlight the importance of cooperation in children because children who are able to cooperate with their peers can better contribute to the society compared with the competitive ones. Due to the nature of our society, it is undoubtable that people cannot live alone without any interaction with others. Thus, no matter how outstanding people are, if they have difficulty to cooperate with other social members, they are likely to be excluded from successful social lives. Furthermore, encouraging children to learn cooperation helps them learn from others and develop interpersonal skills. Beneficially, children are allowed to practice how to express their opinions and how to negotiate with others in the process, which makes them become more useful adults in the future.

In conclusion, although I concede that it is necessary for children to retain the sense of competition, I am convinced that cooperation has major significance in children’s education.

Please assess my essay and give some feedback. Many thanks!