Task 2 academic - feedback please

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Luma7

Task 2 academic - feedback please

Post by Luma7 »

Hi all
Thanks Ryan for your great blog, it is really helpful. I keep getting 6 in writing. I wish that i knew about it earlier.
I would be grateful if anyone could help me and correct my essay as my test on Saturday.
Thanks

Some experts believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school. Do the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages?

Recently, more schools have been teaching a second language at an early age for primary school students rather than waiting until secondary school. It is felt that on the whole this method brings with it more advantages than disadvantages. The subjects of learning capability and self confidence will be analyzed to prove this thesis true.

To start with, students at primary schools are expected to be more able to pick up a new language and easily absorb it. This often because that at this age, they could be taught through different activities that keep them engaged. For example, teachers could use songs and educational games which would make lessons more interactive and children become excited to learn something new. However, start teaching a foreign language at secondary schools makes it more difficult to study due it restricted teaching styles. As this example makes clear, the benefits come from introducing a foreign language at primary schools can be seen.

In addition to readiness for learning, teaching a new language at primary school is found to be easier because students commonly are more confident to speak another language in front of their classmates. While high school students tend to be more self conscious about their mistakes when they speak. For example, if they can't pronounce the new vocabularies correctly, they wouldn't participate in speaking. Therefore, the advantages of teaching a second language at primary school are far more than disadvantages.

In conclusion, teaching a new language for primary school aged children would make learning process easier and students more confident. That is why it felt that this strategy has more advantages and should be supported. It is hoped schools all over the world follow this method to achieve those benefits.
L8 R7 (W6) S7
Saturday 16th of may
L 8 R 7.5 WRITING 7.5 S 7.5
Thanks to Ryan's writing blog :)
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: Task 2 academic - feedback please

Post by Flick »

Luma7 wrote:Hi all
Thanks Ryan for your great blog, it is really helpful. I keep getting 6 in writing. I wish that i knew about it earlier.
I would be grateful if anyone could help me and correct my essay as my test on Saturday.
Thanks

Some experts believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school. Do the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages?

Recently, more schools have been teaching a second language at primary school rather than waiting until secondary school. It is felt that on the whole, this method brings with it more advantages than disadvantages. The subjects of learning capability and self confidence will be analyzed to prove this theory true.

To start with, students at primary schools are expected to be more able to pick up a new language and easily absorb it. This is because that at this age, students can be taught through different activities that keep them engaged. For example, teachers can use songs and educational games which make lessons more interactive and children become excited to learn something new. However, a foreign language is taught only from secondary school, it is more difficult to learn due to the restricted teaching styles. As this example makes clear, the benefits that come from introducing a foreign language at primary schools are clear.

In addition to readiness for learning, teaching a new language at primary school is found to be easier because students are more confident to try speaking another language in front of their classmates, while high school students tend to be more self conscious about their mistakes when they speak. For example, if they can't pronounce the unfamiliar words correctly, they are reluctant to participate in speaking. Therefore, the advantages of teaching a second language at primary school outweigh the disadvantages.

In conclusion, teaching a new language to primary school children would make the learning process easier and students more confident. That is why it is felt that this strategy has more advantages and should be supported. It is hoped schools all over the world follow this method to achieve those benefits.
Luma7

Re: Task 2 academic - feedback please

Post by Luma7 »

Thanks Flick, i really appreciate your correction. Thank you :)
L8 R7 (W6) S7
Saturday 16th of may
L 8 R 7.5 WRITING 7.5 S 7.5
Thanks to Ryan's writing blog :)