Ielts 16th of May

Have you taken the IELTS recently? Share your questions with other students here.
ielts_uk

Re: Ielts 16th of May

Post by ielts_uk »

IAAO wrote:Hi guys ,
I think the answer not castle because it one option from the answers .
I think it's fortress or picture .
Children could give different name for a

Another question that I have how many yes , no , ng in the last passage we had ? 3 or 4
Some body posted the text of the passage:
Similar criticisms have been applied to psychological and educational tests. For example, Mehan points out how test questions may be interpreted in ways different from those intended by the researcher. In all language development test, children are presented with a picture of a medieval fortress, complete with moat, drawbridge, and parapets and three initial consonants: D, C, and G. The child is supposed to circle the correct initial consonant C for ‘castle’is correct, but many children choose D. After the test, when I asked those children what the name of the building was, they responded ‘Disneyland’. These children used the same line of reasoning intended by the tester, but they arrived at the wrong substantive answer. The score sheet showing a wrong answer does not document a child’s lack of reasoning ability; it only documents that the child indicated an answer different from the one the tester expected.

As I read through this I realised that the answer could be ''BUILDING''
usman riaz

Post by usman riaz »

Hello every one...

Hope for the best saqlain, they aren't that much stupid.

Some questions are still missing. Lets try to dig them.i m on call today ll try tomorrow to compile the test.

And some one mentioned weight lifting for relaxation I guess that was aerobics
Luma7

Post by Luma7 »

ielts_uk wrote:

Another question that I have how many yes , no , ng in the last passage we had ? 3 or 4
Similar criticisms have been applied to psychological and educational tests. For example, Mehan points out how test questions may be interpreted in ways different from those intended by the researcher. In all language development test, children are presented with a picture of a medieval fortress, complete with moat, drawbridge, and parapets and three initial consonants: D, C, and G. The child is supposed to circle the correct initial consonant C for ‘castle’is correct, but many children choose D. After the test, when I asked those children what the name of the building was, they responded ‘Disneyland’. These children used the same line of reasoning intended by the tester, but they arrived at the wrong substantive answer. The score sheet showing a wrong answer does not document a child’s lack of reasoning ability; it only documents that the child indicated an answer different from the one the tester expected.

:( according to this, castle is not right! Fortress must be the correct answer then.
L8 R7 (W6) S7
Saturday 16th of may
L 8 R 7.5 WRITING 7.5 S 7.5
Thanks to Ryan's writing blog :)
IAAO

Post by IAAO »

usman riaz wrote:Hello every one...

Hope for the best saqlain, they aren't that much stupid.

Some questions are still missing. Lets try to dig them.i m on call today ll try tomorrow to compile the test.

And some one mentioned weight lifting for relaxation I guess that was aerobics
Could you remember me where this Q was ?
IAAO

Post by IAAO »

You are right luma because
Children can give different name for fortress : castle , Disneyland ...etc

I hope they can accept picture as a general answer , but am afraid the question specifically asked about the children in language assessment

Let remember more answers , I couldn't wait until the next week :(
kesi

Post by kesi »

usman riaz wrote:. carried crew memebers
. students don like to talkabout vron because they think money could have been spent on some good project
. compucan

reading
diagram questions had option c,c,d.
. have to b rotated continuously (water glass)
. lacked accuracy of time by 15 min (the fancy name of thing that had a roamn version)
. didnt measure months initially (sundial)

piagets theory lacked (validity)
questions can be asked open mindedly
consonant d for dinosaur

reptiles
hair
it refers to desire to build new model
SO the answer is not CONSONANT, is it?
kesi

Post by kesi »

And remember water glass was not in the option of reading passage, second set of questions. It should be the shadow clock as it has to be rotated in the day and night as mentioned in the text?
IAAO

Post by IAAO »

Yes indeed .
kesi

Post by kesi »

I need to know the answer for this, in listening section 3: The Orion was intended to send a capsule from earth but was used to send people for Mars,is it?
And, the countries which had the seeds in the seed bank had access to the facility?

And I have mentioned earlier that weigh lifting as to relaxation,I don't remember the answer exactly, yes aerobics is to relax,but the weight lifting was supposed to reduce stress. I don't remember exactly.
IAAO

Post by IAAO »

Well in the Orion question , I chose the second answer I think it was people .

The seed question , I can't remember this question .
kesi

Post by kesi »

But the question about Orion was ' What was the original purpose of Orin' And the speaker tells that it carried people to Mars rather than sending something from earth' . Even I thought of people later when I heard that sentence I choose 'c' as the answer :roll: :?:
kesi

Post by kesi »

I need l-7.5; R-6.5 ( :lol: ) s-7; w-7 ( :o :shock: :? :| ) How ridiculous it is,I have to get an unexpected score in the part which I place myself as 'poor performer' :cry:
papajohn

Post by papajohn »

do you guys know any websites that have essays with markings and explanations ?

i guess my writing was poor, and didn't have proper structure :roll:
saqlain

Post by saqlain »

ielts_uk wrote:

There were 4 y/n/ng questions in last passage ,first 2 yes,then no n n/g.
saqlain

Post by saqlain »

kesi wrote:But the question about Orion was ' What was the original purpose of Orin' And the speaker tells that it carried people to Mars rather than sending something from earth' . Even I thought of people later when I heard that sentence I choose 'c' as the answer :roll: :?:
U r right kesi,
It carried people to mars
kesi

Post by kesi »

saqlain wrote:
kesi wrote:But the question about Orion was ' What was the original purpose of Orin' And the speaker tells that it carried people to Mars rather than sending something from earth' . Even I thought of people later when I heard that sentence I choose 'c' as the answer :roll: :?:
U r right kesi,
It carried people to mars

But since the question was to answer the main purpose of Orion I answered c, as Orion was planned to send something from earth,later they used it to send people to Mars.

:(
saqlain

Post by saqlain »

saqlain wrote:Contemporary clocks were based on? Clepsydra
Could not measure time less than a month? Sundial
Deficiency of quarter of hour each day?sundial
were used untill recent centuries? Candle lamp
had to change directions regularly. Wooden shadow
Are these correct??
kesi

Post by kesi »

correct!
IAAO

Post by IAAO »

I answered for the timekeeper that give error with 15 minutes clepsydra not sundial .
IAAO

Post by IAAO »

Sorry for bothering , but every moment one of my answer come to my mind , I like to share here

In question 11 passage 1 reading

What was the appropriate pic for wood shadow ?
Is that the one in T shape with black stick in the middle D
Or the T shape without stick C
saqlain

Post by saqlain »

IAAO wrote:Sorry for bothering , but every moment one of my answer come to my mind , I like to share here

In question 11 passage 1 reading

What was the appropriate pic for wood shadow ?
Is that the one in T shape with black stick in the middle D
Or the T shape without stick C
D.T shaped with stick in centre.
Q12.clepsydrea was C
IAAO

Post by IAAO »

Many thanks ,
So answer is
D
C
D
saqlain

Post by saqlain »

Can anybody post the matching information type questions of passage 2.
Q 14-19
rringruo

Post by rringruo »

A. Piaget
B. Mehan
C. Donaldson

14. a wrong number indicate more of a child's different perspectives than incompetence in reasoning. (B)
15. logical reasoning involving in the experiments is beyond children's cognitive development. (A)
16. Children's reluctance to comply with game rules or miscommunication may be another explanation. (C)
17. Kinds of experments or tests are flawed essentially and will not justify by a more rigorous approach. (B)

Quantitative research in education has sparked debate that whether it is 18. validity in scientific area. Piaget's experiment involved on children's steps on development, which used equal amounts of 19. liquids in a couple of containers, to test if students would be able to judge the size. Another quantitative research was carried by Mehan, he showed that children a 20. picture, and requested children to make answers, but ultimately most of them failed. In 1960s, another method emerged along with quantitative research; and in the UK, 21. schools were taken as experiment sites in application of the combined approach.
kesi

Post by kesi »

rringruo wrote:A. Piaget
B. Mehan
C. Donaldson

14. a wrong number indicate more of a child's different perspectives than incompetence in reasoning. (B)
15. logical reasoning involving in the experiments is beyond children's cognitive development. (A)
16. Children's reluctance to comply with game rules or miscommunication may be another explanation. (C)
17. Kinds of experments or tests are flawed essentially and will not justify by a more rigorous approach. (B)

Quantitative research in education has sparked debate that whether it is 18. validity in scientific area. Piaget's experiment involved on children's steps on development, which used equal amounts of 19. liquids in a couple of containers, to test if students would be able to judge the size. Another quantitative research was carried by Mehan, he showed that children a 20. picture, and requested children to make answers, but ultimately most of them failed. In 1960s, another method emerged along with quantitative research; and in the UK, 21. schools were taken as experiment sites in application of the combined approach.

Quantitative research in education has sparked debate that whether it is 18. validity in scientific area.

Wont that be VALID in scientific area rather than Validity in scientific area?

And previously I have replied that all the answers were correct for the matching question in Passage 1. But as IAAO has mentioned the one which had quarter hourly difference is that Egyptian thing.

And, yes now I remember the Answer for the diagrams are D,C,D.

Sorry for the previous wrong answers,I have forgotten the sequences.

And can anyone tell me whats the answer for the question in passage two, for that question on the building: the children gave a wrong reply for ___________? I wrote CONSONANTS. What would be the answer?
Last edited by kesi on Wed May 20, 2015 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.