Please give me an overview and a mark, General T. Task 2

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Yiannisang

Please give me an overview and a mark, General T. Task 2

Post by Yiannisang »

Subject: City dwellers do not tend to develop closer retalionships with their neighbours. Why is this so, and what can be done to improve contact between neighbours in cities?

The fellowship between dwellers in cities has dramatically decreased. This is very apparent in developing urban areas in our days. It is argued that people who live in cities do not develop close relationships with their neighbours because of their different working time tables and due to changing houses very often. This will be proven prior to looking at potential solutions to this issue.

Good relationship with their neighbours, is been neglected due to endless work and different working hours as well as their systematically house changing. The requirements in our days force people to work many and different hours, most of the times followed by moving places in an effort to live close to their work. Thus a good relation with their neighbours is placed last in the list of priorities. As a result to this people often don’t know their neighbours.

However, drastic measures must be taken in order to help people improve the communication in their neighbourhoods. The governments should strictly legislate the eight hours of daily work only during week days, so that people are not forced to work more hours. In addition benefits should be given to families that keep the same house for many years. Examples as those pre stated will contribute in improving relationships between dwellers in neighbourhoods.

Following the analyzation of peoples’ decreasing effort in knowing their neighbours, action has to be taken by the governments as long as the local authorities. Thus the rising problem of being a stranger in your own neighbourhood will be defeated and hopefully it will encourage people to start knowing each other.
m.aslam

Re: Please give me an overview and a mark, General T. Task 2

Post by m.aslam »

Yiannisang wrote:Subject: City dwellers do not tend to develop closer retalionships with their neighbours. Why is this so, and what can be done to improve contact between neighbours in cities?

The fellowship between dwellers in cities has dramatically decreased. This is very apparent in developing urban areas in our days. It is argued that people who live in cities do not develop close relationships with their neighbours because of their different working time tables and due to changing houses very often. This will be proven prior to looking at potential solutions to this issue.

Good relationship with their neighbours, is been neglected due to endless work and different working hours as well as their systematically house changing. The requirements in our days force people to work many and different hours, most of the times followed by moving places in an effort to live close to their work. Thus a good relation with their neighbours is placed last in the list of priorities. As a result to this people often don’t know their neighbours.

However, drastic measures must be taken in order to help people improve the communication in their neighbourhoods. The governments should strictly legislate the eight hours of daily work only during week days, so that people are not forced to work more hours. In addition benefits should be given to families that keep the same house for many years. Examples as those pre stated will contribute in improving relationships between dwellers in neighbourhoods.

Following the analyzation of peoples’ decreasing effort in knowing their neighbours, action has to be taken by the governments as long as the local authorities. Thus the rising problem of being a stranger in your own neighbourhood will be defeated and hopefully it will encourage people to start knowing each other.

"This will be proven prior to looking at potential solutions to this issue." I think this line is vague and does not make sense at this place or rephrase it to make the sense clear for the reader.
Yiannisang

Post by Yiannisang »

Thank you very much m.aslam.Any other corrections, comments? Anyone else kind to give me some feedback and a band?
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Post by Flick »

Yiannisang wrote:Subject: City dwellers do not tend to develop closer retalionships with their neighbours. Why is this so, and what can be done to improve contact between neighbours in cities?

Fellowship between dwellers in cities has dramatically decreased. This is very apparent in developing urban areas nowadays. It is argued that people who live in cities do not develop close relationships with their neighbours because of their different work schedules and due to changing houses very often. This will be proven prior to looking at potential solutions to this issue.

Good relationships with neighbours is often neglected due to endless work and different working hours as well as systematic house changing. The requirements in our days force people to work many and different hours, most of the time followed by moving in an effort to be closer to work. Thus a good relationship with neighbours is placed last in the list of priorities. As a result of this, people often don’t know their neighbours.

However, drastic measures must be taken in order to help people improve communication in their neighbourhood. Governments should strictly legislate the eight hours of daily work only during week days, so that people are not forced to work more hours. In addition, benefits should be given to families that keep the same house for many years. These actions will contribute to improving relationships between neighbours.

Following the analysis of peoples’ decreasing effort to get to know their neighbours, action has to be taken by governments as well as the local authorities. Thus, the rising problem of being a stranger in your own neighbourhood will be defeated and hopefully it will encourage people to start communicating with each other.
Yiannisang

Post by Yiannisang »

Flick thank you very much for your comments. I appreciate, a lot, the fact that you spend some of your time in order to correct my essay! Thanks once again! :)