Please evaluate my writing. 2nd Letter (Request)

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
Prams

Please evaluate my writing. 2nd Letter (Request)

Post by Prams »

Question:
Although you have never studied computing, you have always been interested in computers – you buy magazines about them, and you have taught yourself many skills on your computer at home. You have just read about a computer course that really interests you, but it is only for people who have studied computing at college or university.
Write a letter to the Enrolment Officer asking if you can enroll, explaining your circumstances and asking if he/she will make a special exception for you.

Response:
To,
The Enrollment officer,
XYZ Institution,

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing this letter in order to express my interest in the computer course for the computer literates being organized at your institution.

Unfortunately, I have not been formally trained in computers. However, I do possess some computer skills which are self-acquired. Also, in order to keep myself up-to-date with the latest technologies of computing, I often buy computer magazines and read through all the articles. I have always been inclined towards computers; thus, as soon as I saw this advertisement in the newspaper, I decided on writing this letter to you.

I am aware that as per the course prerequisite, I am ineligible for it. However, on the grounds of my exceptional computer skills, I would request you to kindly consider my candidature. I would be highly obliged if you can provide me with the opportunity to get myself formally trained at your prestigious institution. I am very much confident that this training would help my career grow exponentially.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
ABC
Dr.Matthew

Re: Please evaluate my writing. 2nd Letter (Request)

Post by Dr.Matthew »

Hi Pram, well, unless I need to change my reading glasses (!!!) apart from this
for the computer literates
and this
to get myself formally trained
I reckon you have written an excellent response to the topic :)
Prams

Re: Please evaluate my writing. 2nd Letter (Request)

Post by Prams »

Hi Matthews sir,

I hope that my next post would receive only the last line of your comment.. :D
By the way, is "computer literate" not a correct phrase or I used it in a wrong way?

Thanks again for your kind guidance! :)