Post your IELTS goals for 2014!

This is the place to ask a question about the IELTS or raise an IELTS related topic for public discussion.
ieltstrategies

Re: Post your IELTS goals for 2014!

Post by ieltstrategies »

To teach IELTS Strategies for my students
Improve Your IELTS Score Now! Effortlessly IELTS Strategies and Preparation
Over 60+ Incredibly Powerful IELTS Tips and Tricks
mojtaba

Post by mojtaba »

golyakh

Post by golyakh »

hi everyone,

looking for speaking partner band 7.5 above. I have speaking test on 7th.october 2014
noor islam

Post by noor islam »

hi ryran i want to score 6.5 in ielts .now tell me how many time spend on ielts prepration because my English is not my native laguage...... so help me.
venkat.chinta92

Post by venkat.chinta92 »

hi i want to score 6.5 my exam on dec 13 give some suggestions
BenTait

Post by BenTait »

On this topic....I want to provide a practical help here...check it out!
http://ieltstestonline.weebly.com/your- ... esult.html
kingkhan007

Post by kingkhan007 »

Hello!
My August 2014 score was S 7, W 6.5, R 6.5 and L 6
My target for the forthcoming IELTS -GT test is S/W/L/R=7 minimum.

I am dedicating 2 hrs per day during weekdays and on weekends 6 hrs/day.
I have dedicated one week for each section and have finished Reading/Listening and part of Writing. Speaking i have not touched yet but planning to dedicated on full day of 8 hrs before exam.

I tried overcome by difficulty in Listening. I was having in difficulty in sections having multiple choice. But now i am bit confident.

Reading & Speaking I am confident that i will secure 7 band. I am exerting a lot efforts on improving writing tasks. Reading all sort of questions and sample answers and try re-writing in my own language. hope this will work. I am also trying to memorize some typical complex sentences to begin writing with e.g.
Traditionally, the principal arguments is voiced .....
In order to combat these issues....
It has been well documented ...
Perhaps, the most persuasive reason is that...
Granted/Admittedly, there is an argument...

Hope the above will give me enough kick to draft a good writing task.

wish me all the best...
Gelever

Post by Gelever »

Hi, everyone.
I'm gonna give out my future plans as for IELTS (General) exam in 2015 (autumn, perhaps, September).
My current level is following:
Total vocab: 10000-12000 according to http://testyourvocab.com/
Here are some results in training with Cambridge IELTS 6-9 according http://ielts.calculator.free.fr/
Listening: just can't jump above 6.5, but after each test taken I feel I can do better! 7.0 in the exam would be wonderful.
Reading: General Reading is fairly simple for me. 8.0 is my current result, but I feel I can avoid some mistakes and score 8.5 or even 9.0, but I think it is to a considerable degree a matter of ambiguousness of the factual texts and questions in the exam. In Reading I usually answer all the questions 5-7 mins before the time. Yet 38 out of 40 (which means 8.0) is my best result ever.
Writing Can't assess myself, here is some of my writing http://www.ieltsnetwork.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4969. Now I only can speculate I'm somewhere between 6.0 and 7.0. Desirable score is 7.0 and higher. I hope after serious practicing I'll be able to achieve this.
Speaking My weakest side, I suppose. I have had some practice but far from enough. I'm going to dedicate the last 1.5 month before exam to Speaking preparation. 6.5 is desirable score!
Everyone who is pursuing similar goals, please, feel free to mail me to get in touch in order to prepare together. Here is my e-mail andreas.gelever[at]gmail.com

With all the best wishes from me!