Need at least band 7 in speaking.

Daily (Mon-Fri) speech exercises with Ryan through Whatsapp
Anye

Need at least band 7 in speaking.

Post by Anye »

Please help evaluate my speaking and provide ANY sort of feedback.
Attachments
preg2.mp3
(2.35 MiB) Downloaded 580 times
terry3218

Re: Need at least band 7 in speaking.

Post by terry3218 »

Anye wrote:Please help evaluate my speaking and provide ANY sort of feedback.
I'm saying this with the best possible intentions, you're accent can be really hard to understand at times and also you need to swifty up your pronunciation (eg feeling pronounced as filling)

My two cents
lmoore
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Re: Need at least band 7 in speaking.

Post by lmoore »

Hi, Anye,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences here.
First, your vocabulary is quite advanced. I heard “profound,” “delivery ward,” etc. I would encourage you to work on the pronunciation of “fateful” because it sounded like “faithful” when you said it.
Your pronunciation is overall easy for me to understand. There are a few words/sounds that could use some work, though. For example, when you said “hailed a taxi,” “hailed” sounded like “had.” Make sure you’re saying the long /a/ sound, as in “main” as well as the /l/ sound. Also, the /ee/ sound, as in the word “feeling,” needs to be clearer. It sounds like a short /i/ sound, like in “hit.” It needs to be like in “feet,” “seat.” Make sure you’re smiling when you say /ee/ to get the right sound.
Your grammar was good overall, but, at one point, you said “give” when you were speaking about something that happened in the past. You should have said “gave.” This was when you were talking about the woman giving birth.
You gave a good introduction and conclusion, relevant details, and you stayed on topic. You might incorporate a few more transition words for sequencing, such as “first,” “next,” “after that,” “finally,” etc.

Best wishes as you continue to practice!