Hi, how are you. I need help with the reading section :)

This is the place to ask a question about the IELTS or raise an IELTS related topic for public discussion.
Aziza

Hi, how are you. I need help with the reading section :)

Post by Aziza »

My academic IELTS exam is on the 23rd of July. I managed to enhance my speaking and listening skills, but I can't increase my reading result. Sometimes I read articles from newspapers and try to find synonyms for new words. However, my score that is equal to 6 has stayed the same. I can't comprehend what I am doing wrong and I wish to get at least 7 out of 9. If you can help with some hints, I'd be grateful :) thanks in advance
Bekhruz

Re: Hi, how are you. I need help with the reading section :)

Post by Bekhruz »

Hi Aziza,
If you want increase your band score you should just read and read ,, like scientific stories maybe that interests you

there are some techniques -such as UNDERLINing Keywords
Skimming , Scanning !
Check this out https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkxgaO ... PL9PQMzgUQ
Aziza ?Kinda uzbek name>>>) :)
Aziza

Re: Hi, how are you. I need help with the reading section :)

Post by Aziza »

All right, thanks a lot. I'll follow your piece of advice, especially the one that is conncted with the intensive reading (read and read). I have downloaded some articles from British newspapers (The Economist, The Guardian). I hope that my laziness will not prevent me from enhancing my reading skill. Don't want to get a low great only because of one section ;) Good luck with your exams