Academic IELTS on 28 MAR

Have you taken the IELTS recently? Share your questions with other students here.
hi2ritu

Re: Academic IELTS on 28 MAR

Post by hi2ritu »

Good luck everyone for tomorrow. Hope you all will get your required score.
Ritu.
drWatkins

Post by drWatkins »

mtu2011 wrote:My speaking today about a movie that you want to watch again?
Other my frds topic were about: Internet library, a website, a book read recently
I had exactly the same topic!
rawrrawr

Post by rawrrawr »

My speaking topic was:

Part 1: Basic questions about yourself
Part 2: Talk about a vacation that you went for a short while and would like to go back again
Part 3: Some questions about museums, local tourist spots
amaraa0912

Post by amaraa0912 »

Ill be taking the exam on the 28th GMT +8. I really need to pass the exam, to those how will be taking the exam first kindly share the writing questions. Thank you and Godbless us all

hers my e-mail amaraa0720@yahoo.com
amaraa0912

Post by amaraa0912 »

hi all
for reading test tas1 is about history of buttons in europe, second one is about placebo treatment
for writing task one four column graphic about work hours a week by percentage of employers in industrial section in four countries such as sweden, UK, france, italy.
for task 2 the increasing use of computers and mobile phones communication had negative effect for younh ages people's reading and writing skills do agree or disagree
amaraa

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone
patarcher0328

Post by patarcher0328 »

I just had the same exam just now
gayanmx

Post by gayanmx »

Reading Part 01
http://www.uniquebuttonjewelry.com/button-history.html

Read this before you sit the exam... article on the exam will be bit different because they pharaphesed the article.
mamun_a27

Post by mamun_a27 »

What was the writing questions??
pitago

Post by pitago »

gmt +7
reading the button link above
writing
part 1: 4 table, % of workers and hours worked in 4 countries
part 2: using computer and mobile phones has negative effect on young people's reading and writing skills ?
what extent agree or disagree
saynotoielts

Post by saynotoielts »

had the same test
both writing and reading
listening is with very wired British accent, especially the first one

concentrate on his phone number many didn't get it

parking :street
rent: $550
playground
view: lake
bond: damage and cleaning
please listen carefully and don't get distracted with by the stupid accent

speaking cue - was on a variety of topics for different people:
handwriting
the type of Music you listen to
your favourite band
Art
book you have recently read
what do you do to relax you
and plants

don't allow Ielts control you - be in control - in speaking test be in control, if you don't have a favourite band - just say you can't answer that question because you simply don't have a favourite band - or just use one if you know one and pretend it's your favourite band - same goes with all other type of favourite things ... :lol:

Ielts isn't formulated to test comprehension level, it's simply a money making scheme
it's is created to create fear, as I am certain most of you are familiar with the type of fear I am talking about

have a read of this, it's exactly what Ielts is doing to the candidates to make money out of them:
Many forms of psychological torture methods attempt to destroy the subject's normal self-image by removing them from any kind of control over their environment, creating a state of learned helplessness, psychological regression and depersonalization.

they do so similar to above in the way they formulate their test plus so much rules and restrictions, to cause fear, and because you are desperate to do the test, of course to prosper in what relies on this test, you are too afraid to complain, either because they have now made you feel dumb or you are simply afraid withoutthis test you won't reach your goals, you keep quiet and keep on paying them to do more and more tests - they know this too well and that's how they make their money out of us all.
people need to complain about Ielts inhumane treatments towards the candidates , they are NOT allowed to treat us like a herd of cattle, cheat us, torture us and take our money, especially all our sensitive information especially, biometric information for comprehension test that it's actually based on tricks and NOT comprehension.

take their listening test for example, not even a native English speaker can jot down the answers while listening to the audio and reading the questions, especially the multiple choice questions, and not only that, they even try to trick the listener as well.Sick.
then their reading test, the time given is extremely tight for native speakers, imagine how hard it is for those that English isn't their primary language ...

ielts needs to be prosecuted.
wei thet

Post by wei thet »

I agreed with you . It happened exactly to me for listening test part one .I really cannot catch the accent for part one . The conversation was via phone , the voice was so much unclear . Due to depression of part one , I put so much effort to concentrate for the rest of the question . ;)
Nitoz

Post by Nitoz »

saynotoielts wrote:had the same test
both writing and reading
listening is with very wired British accent, especially the first one

concentrate on his phone number many didn't get it

parking :street
rent: $550
playground
view: lake
bond: damage and cleaning
please listen carefully and don't get distracted with by the stupid accent

speaking cue - was on a variety of topics for different people:
handwriting
the type of Music you listen to
your favourite band
Art
book you have recently read
what do you do to relax you
and plants

don't allow Ielts control you - be in control - in speaking test be in control, if you don't have a favourite band - just say you can't answer that question because you simply don't have a favourite band - or just use one if you know one and pretend it's your favourite band - same goes with all other type of favourite things ... :lol:

Ielts isn't formulated to test comprehension level, it's simply a money making scheme
it's is created to create fear, as I am certain most of you are familiar with the type of fear I am talking about

have a read of this, it's exactly what Ielts is doing to the candidates to make money out of them:
Many forms of psychological torture methods attempt to destroy the subject's normal self-image by removing them from any kind of control over their environment, creating a state of learned helplessness, psychological regression and depersonalization.

they do so similar to above in the way they formulate their test plus so much rules and restrictions, to cause fear, and because you are desperate to do the test, of course to prosper in what relies on this test, you are too afraid to complain, either because they have now made you feel dumb or you are simply afraid withoutthis test you won't reach your goals, you keep quiet and keep on paying them to do more and more tests - they know this too well and that's how they make their money out of us all.
people need to complain about Ielts inhumane treatments towards the candidates , they are NOT allowed to treat us like a herd of cattle, cheat us, torture us and take our money, especially all our sensitive information especially, biometric information for comprehension test that it's actually based on tricks and NOT comprehension.

take their listening test for example, not even a native English speaker can jot down the answers while listening to the audio and reading the questions, especially the multiple choice questions, and not only that, they even try to trick the listener as well.Sick.
then their reading test, the time given is extremely tight for native speakers, imagine how hard it is for those that English isn't their primary language ...

ielts needs to be prosecuted.
Hi, just few questions regarding the listening.
S1, a new shelf or shower?
S2, 11:natural talent or love for chess?
S3, do you remember the answers of 25-30? The selection 2 out of 5 each.

The listening is quite difficult this time anyway... especially the S3
Thanks a lot!
kamots89

Post by kamots89 »

thankx
jishanorvin

Post by jishanorvin »

I wrote LRW in india
Writing question
Some people say history has little or nothing teach us .others believe that we must study past for understanding present.
jishanorvin

Post by jishanorvin »

Can u share listening and reading answers
Crystalxu

Post by Crystalxu »

What is the answers for matching the hospital department with the experiment results on visual arts and music? There are postnatal, children, emergency units etc.
seri

Post by seri »

I think I chose the following
For children less stay at hospital
For orthopaedic pt they required less medication
For A&E it had no effect and same holds true for the hypertensive patients
For geriatrics visual arts had more effects than music
For post natal women the music had beneficial effects than arts etc etc
seri]
Crystalxu

Post by Crystalxu »

seri wrote:I think I chose the following
For children less stay at hospital
For orthopaedic pt they required less medication
For A&E it had no effect and same holds true for the hypertensive patients
For geriatrics visual arts had more effects than music
For post natal women the music had beneficial effects than arts etc etc
Which one did u choose for "more coorperation"?
BTW r u sure about ur choice for children one? What did the record say :?:
Sally100

Post by Sally100 »

Hello all,

Q26-29 (I think) of the listening test, two answers (select 2 letters) were needed, did people write these two letters per question eg one for q26 and one for q27 and again for q28 and q29? Or did you write 2 eg a&b for q26, c&e for q27 and so forth? think I may have wrote mine wrong on the answer sheet. Not that we can do much about it now but may offer a little reassurance :)
wgw16899

Post by wgw16899 »

jishanorvin wrote:I wrote LRW in india
Writing question
Some people say history has little or nothing teach us .others believe that we must study past for understanding present.

Can u share listening and reading answers
saynotoielts

Post by saynotoielts »

Sally100 wrote:Hello all,

Q26-29 (I think) of the listening test, two answers (select 2 letters) were needed, did people write these two letters per question eg one for q26 and one for q27 and again for q28 and q29? Or did you write 2 eg a&b for q26, c&e for q27 and so forth? think I may have wrote mine wrong on the answer sheet. Not that we can do much about it now but may offer a little reassurance :)

yes - I think I did the same mistake - I was concentrating on the questions and not instructions for each questions, since you don't have time to read every bloody word there is, otherwise you lose concentration and if you do, you lose the conversation sequence - so I was just jotting down all I heard and when I went to fill the answer sheet I realised the questions were divided in a way that we had to give 2 answers - because 2 questions where in one -

such a filthy trick -
this test has NOTHING to do with comprehension - NOTHING ... it's just psychological torture and extremely degrading al the way, through and through

THIS UNIVERSAL DECLARATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS -
Article 5
No one shall be subjected to torture or to cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment.
Sally100

Post by Sally100 »

saynotoielts wrote:
Sally100 wrote:Hello all,

yes - I think I did the same mistake - I was concentrating on the questions and not instructions for each questions, since you don't have time to read every bloody word there is, otherwise you lose concentration and if you do, you lose the conversation sequence - so I was just jotting down all I heard and when I went to fill the answer sheet I realised the questions were divided in a way that we had to give 2 answers - because 2 questions where in one -

such a filthy trick -
this test has NOTHING to do with comprehension - NOTHING ... it's just psychological torture and extremely degrading al the way, through and through

THIS UNIVERSAL DECLARATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS -
Article 5
No one shall be subjected to torture or to cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment.

Did you? How did you answer yours in the end?
saynotoielts

Post by saynotoielts »

because I was writing some parts of the conversations so I kind of guessed the second answer based on my notes .. :(
kamots89

Post by kamots89 »

To all those feeling grumpy about how the exam are being given

"If you fail to prepare, prepare to fail." :mrgreen:

Just my two cents. Don't blame the exam, blame yourself if you failed.
Sally100

Post by Sally100 »

saynotoielts wrote:because I was writing some parts of the conversations so I kind of guessed the second answer based on my notes .. :(
Oh I see. So did you write one letter for 26, then one letter for 27 and same again for 28/29 or did you write two letters for each? I am confused!