Writing task 2 - General

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
nivea77

Writing task 2 - General

Post by nivea77 »

Hey guys I'm working towards pushing my 7.0 writing to 8.0 which is required for my immigration.

I understand it is a bit long but still looking for other suggestions in my writing.

Thanks!

"Some people view teenage conflict with their parents as a necessary part of growing up, whilst others see it as something negative which should be avoided. Discuss both views and give your own opinion."

The conflict between teenagers and parents increases as they move into adulthood. This inevitable trend is
common even amongst the healthy teenagers and can be distressing for both parents and the child. Teenagers may feel that their parents have become more controlling and irrational. In turn, parents wonder why their children has become ruthless and hostile. Although this process of maturity seem destructive, I believe that it is a necessary part of growing up.

Firstly, the conflict, indirectly promotes a shared feeling which in turn, promotes a bond between the teenager and the parents. It is evident, from scientific evidence, that an individual feels a sense of emotional bond after unleashing a certain amount of anger. In the case of good parenting, the teenager can experience a sense of guilt which leads them to apologising to their parents. This stimulates the positive emotional attraction between the teenagers and the parents strengthening the family attachment.

Another reason why I believe the conflict is necessary is that the teenagers experience an increased level of hormonal activity as they push through the stage of adolescense. As teenagers experience this higher sense of independency and responsibility, it is proven that this causes much stress to the teenagers. Not being able to unleash this anger worsens the case. Therefore releasing the anger towards their trusted parents can be sought as beneficial to the teenager in terms of pscyhological and emotional health.

On the other hand, there is an argument that conflict can stimulate and provoke violence amongst the teenagers. As both parties distress from the consistent exchange of argument, the level of the dispute may increase, leading to violence at homes. As this holds true, this can be prevented by good parenting. The parents should be authoritative, warm and firm demonstrating a higher level of social competence. They should permit their teenager sons and daughters to develop their own opinions and beliefs instead of being controlling and intrusive.

To sum up, although the conflict between teenagers and parents can be perceived as a negative process of growth, I believe that this conflict is inevitable and a necessary part of growing up. Through good parenting and understanding of the children, the conflict is not an issue as certain people proclaim it to be.
danyocean

Re: Writing task 2 - General

Post by danyocean »

"Some people view teenage conflict with their parents as a necessary part of growing up, whilst others see it as something negative which should be avoided. Discuss both views and give your own opinion."

The conflict between teenagers and parents increases as they move into adulthood. This inevitable trend [/b]is common even amongst the healthy teenagers and can be distressing for both parents and the child. Teenagers may feel that their parents have become more controlling and irrational. In turn, parents wonder why their children has become ruthless and hostile. Although this process of maturity seem destructive, I believe that it is a necessary part of growing up. Check the highlight words

People have different views about whether a conflict between parents and their children is beneficial for children maturity or it is something negative which should be avoided. While there are convincing arguments on both sides, I believe that it is better to diminish those conflict.
Flick
Grammar Checker
Grammar Checker

Re: Writing task 2 - General

Post by Flick »

nivea77 wrote: "Some people view teenage conflict with their parents as a necessary part of growing up, whilst others see it as something negative which should be avoided. Discuss both views and give your own opinion."

The conflict between teenagers and parents increases as they move into adulthood. This inevitable trend is common even amongst healthy teenagers and can be distressing for both parents and the child. Teenagers may feel that their parents have become more controlling and irrational. In turn, parents wonder why their child has become ruthless and hostile. Although this process of maturing may seem destructive, I believe that it is a necessary part of growing up.

Firstly, the conflict indirectly promotes a shared feeling which in turn, promotes a bond between the teenager and the parents. It is evident, from scientific research, that an individual feels a sense of emotional bond after unleashing a certain amount of anger. In the case of good parenting, the teenager can experience a sense of guilt which leads them to apologising to their parents. This stimulates the positive emotional attraction between the teenager and the parents, strengthening the family attachment.

Another reason why I believe the conflict is necessary is that teenagers experience an increased level of hormonal activity as they push through this stage of adolescence. As teenagers experience this higher sense of independence and responsibility, they also experience increased levels of stress. Not being able to unleash this anger worsens the case. Therefore, releasing the anger towards their trusted parents can be seen as beneficial to the teenager in terms of psychological and emotional health.

On the other hand, there is an argument that conflict can stimulate and provoke violence amongst teenagers. As both parties become distressed from the consistent exchange of argument, the level of the dispute may increase, leading to violence at home. As this holds true, this can be prevented by good parenting. The parents should be authoritative, warm and firm, demonstrating a higher level of social competence. They should permit their teenage sons and daughters to develop their own opinions and beliefs instead of being controlling and intrusive.

To sum up, although the conflict between teenagers and parents can be perceived as a negative process of growth, I believe that this conflict is inevitable and a necessary part of growing up. Through good parenting and understanding of the children, the conflict is not the issue certain people proclaim it to be.
Well argued!