IELTS writing preparation!

This is the place to ask a question about the IELTS or raise an IELTS related topic for public discussion.
bjork

IELTS writing preparation!

Post by bjork »

Hi, on the 14th of March I'll be sitting the Academic module of IELTS. As far as I know, the only thing that differs GT and Academic is reading (where, according to the Cambridge prep book I should be expecting band 7) and the 1st task in the writing component. Now, what's really giving me sleepless nights is the Task 2, as I'm an absolutely terrible writer. Preparing for writing without a tutor is much trickier than for the other components, because, as we all know, there's no way to be objective about it. Now, I'm not planning on taking any IELTS classes, because my test date is approaching quickly and the only genuinely troubling part is the said task, thus spending thousands of zł on language courses would be quite pointless.
Does anyone more experienced have any tips for writing preparation? I try to write at least one essay a day but I feel like that's not enough, since there's no one to check my work and give feedback. So those who scored band 5.5 or above, how did you prepare for it?

My university course is rather maths-heavy, so the IELTS requirenment for writing is relatively low (5.5 minimum).
OnlineEnglishTeacher

Re: IELTS writing preparation!

Post by OnlineEnglishTeacher »

http://www.ieltsnetwork.com/viewforum.php?f=5 - can you try posting your writing here for free, for corrections by someone.
Free Ebook For IELTS Tips

Skype IELTS Teacher (All Sections) - Try For $1 / Also, IELTS Writing Correction (Upload): $1 Demo - Skype ID = "ieltsonlineenglishteacher"