Country you have never been to (part 2).mp3
(1.97 MiB) Downloaded 592 times
lmoore
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Re: Different topics

Post by lmoore »

Hi, Bekhruz,

Thank you for sharing about your dream to visit Italy. I’ve been there just once, and it was by far one of the most memorable places I’ve visited. The Leaning Tower of Pisa is certainly something to see, and so is the Circus Maximus.
I would say that your rate of speech is one of your strong points. You speak quickly, and you do not struggle to find the words that you need most of the time. Sometimes, you used the incorrect word, such as when you said, “most advanced territories, like museums. . .” I don’t think “territories” was the word you wanted there. Perhaps it was “cultural institutions”?
Regarding pronunciation, I think that you should work on this just a bit. You are understandable, but there are a few words I noticed you said incorrectly. One of them was “southern.” This word is pronounced like, “SUH thern,” not “SOW thern,” as you said it, with an “OW” sound like in the word “how.” Another word you said incorrectly was “leaning” when you were talking about the Leaning Tower of Pisa. You said “learning” instead of “leening.” Finally, you said “catedral” instead of “catheedral” for the word “cathedral.”
Lastly, I would suggest that you work on your verb tenses. You seemed to struggle the most with this area. Here are some notes on grammar and vocabulary in general:
--I’ve been dreaming to visit this country more than two years. –I have been dreaming OF visiting this country for more than two years. (That you used the present perfect tense here was great. I just wanted to note the use of “of.”)
--I definitely visit this country as soon as I will graduate – I will definitely visit this country as soon as I graduate.
--I love to visit this country because most advanced territories like museums, etc. –There didn’t appear to be a verb at the end of this sentence, so it was not a complete thought.
--Most of tourist cannot visit Vatican City. – Most tourists cannot visit Vatican City.
--It’s a right place because – I don’t think you wanted to use the word “right” here. Perhaps you were going for “amazing,” or a synonym of this?

Best wishes as you continue to practice!
Bekhruz

Re: Different topics

Post by Bekhruz »

lmoore wrote:Hi, Bekhruz,

Thank you for sharing about your dream to visit Italy. I’ve been there just once, and it was by far one of the most memorable places I’ve visited. The Leaning Tower of Pisa is certainly something to see, and so is the Circus Maximus.
I would say that your rate of speech is one of your strong points. You speak quickly, and you do not struggle to find the words that you need most of the time. Sometimes, you used the incorrect word, such as when you said, “most advanced territories, like museums. . .” I don’t think “territories” was the word you wanted there. Perhaps it was “cultural institutions”?
Regarding pronunciation, I think that you should work on this just a bit. You are understandable, but there are a few words I noticed you said incorrectly. One of them was “southern.” This word is pronounced like, “SUH thern,” not “SOW thern,” as you said it, with an “OW” sound like in the word “how.” Another word you said incorrectly was “leaning” when you were talking about the Leaning Tower of Pisa. You said “learning” instead of “leening.” Finally, you said “catedral” instead of “catheedral” for the word “cathedral.”
Lastly, I would suggest that you work on your verb tenses. You seemed to struggle the most with this area. Here are some notes on grammar and vocabulary in general:
--I’ve been dreaming to visit this country more than two years. –I have been dreaming OF visiting this country for more than two years. (That you used the present perfect tense here was great. I just wanted to note the use of “of.”)
--I definitely visit this country as soon as I will graduate – I will definitely visit this country as soon as I graduate.
--I love to visit this country because most advanced territories like museums, etc. –There didn’t appear to be a verb at the end of this sentence, so it was not a complete thought.
--Most of tourist cannot visit Vatican City. – Most tourists cannot visit Vatican City.
--It’s a right place because – I don’t think you wanted to use the word “right” here. Perhaps you were going for “amazing,” or a synonym of this?

Best wishes as you continue to practice!
Thank you . i definitely should work on it ...