Can you look through the Listening tasks before they say so?

This is the place to ask a question about the IELTS or raise an IELTS related topic for public discussion.
getoveritordie

Can you look through the Listening tasks before they say so?

Post by getoveritordie »

I've been practicing with the Cambridge IELTS 8 workbook recently and I've got a question. Basically, when you finish filling out one section of the Listening test, can you immediately turn to the next section? I mean, before the speaker actually says "Now turn to the next section". The reason I am asking is because I have read somewhere that as soon as you hear the answer to the last question in the current section, you should turn to the next one to familiarize yourself with the following tasks and save time. Are we allowed to do that?
getoveritordie

Re: Can you look through the Listening tasks before they say

Post by getoveritordie »

Anyone who has any experience with IELTS?
tezoost

Post by tezoost »

Is the level of difficulty of IELTS test closest to Official IELTS test?
Our excellent online learn a language.com training programs lead you to success in the We also offer latest how to speak japanese and E-spanyol with 100% success Internet polyglot
getoveritordie

Post by getoveritordie »

If you are asking about the Cambridge IELTS tests, then yes, I think their level of difficulty is similar or equal to that of the actual IELTS tests.

Though I am wondering if anybody could answer my question in the first post?
thurac

Post by thurac »

Yes you can, once the booklet is opened, there is no rule ban you to do so. I also did that today in my exam. But be careful do not miss the instruction later. it might be disaster if you forgot the next part will include which questions :)
getoveritordie

Post by getoveritordie »

Thanks a lot for your answer!