What IELTS English language score do I need for my AUS Visa?

Have you taken the IELTS recently? Share your questions with other students here.
debra123

What IELTS English language score do I need for my AUS Visa?

Post by debra123 »

What IELTS English language score do I need for my Australian Visa?

This is a question I get asked a lot by people looking to apply for a visa for Australia. IELTS is the International English language Testing System. The tests have four bands - Speaking, reading, writing, & listening.

Is the answer really depends on what type of visa you are applying for and the requirements will differ depending on which visa you are applying for?
ieltsband8

Re: What IELTS English language score do I need for my AUS V

Post by ieltsband8 »

If you are planning to study at university or college and applying for a student visa you need to take ielts academic test. Each university has its own requirement regarding ielts score, some might need band 6 while other universities may ask for band 7 score to offer you the admission.

For Australian immigration you need to take general ielts and if you score 7 in all four modules which are reading, listening ,writing and speaking you can get 10 point for immigration and if you achieve 8 band in all four modules you get 20 points towards your immigration score.

hope this helps