my dad
(1.82 MiB) Downloaded 700 times
lmoore
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Re: new one

Post by lmoore »

Hi, Rasha,
I think I would really like your dad. You obviously care greatly for him. I can say the same thing about my daddy. The world is much better for good fathers being in it.
Your vocabulary was good in this example speech. I heard “symbolizes,” “vitality,” and “inspire,” for example. You organized it well, and I particularly liked the conclusion you offered. It summed it up nicely.
Here are some grammar notes:
put me in challenges that were eventually for my good – He constantly put me in challenging situations that were for my own good.
he never let me passes one day – he never let me PASS one day
giving me advices in a funny way – “Advice” is a non-count noun, so you can’t say advices. You can, however, say “pieces of advice.”
he is the most caring personality – person. You could say he HAS the most caring personality, however.
He pushes me to all the goodness in my life. – I get your general meaning here, but the word choice is a bit confusing. Maybe you could say, “He pushes me to achieve all the goodness I can in life.”
If my husband do anything bad to me – if my husband DID anything bad to me
Best wishes as you continue to practice!
rasha

Post by rasha »

I love it that you are correcting me :P
Would you please tell me if I speak like that in the exam which is after 5 days ,how much would I score?
lmoore
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Post by lmoore »

I'm sorry, but I cannot give you an estimated band score.
Johnson zhang

Post by Johnson zhang »

i would guess you could score 6.5-7, higher if topics are within your familiar territories
Nothing is impossible! Band score 9 is certainly not.
rasha

Post by rasha »

Thanks a lot :) I did the exam yesterday and the speaking was good ...
lmoore
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Post by lmoore »

Fantastic to hear!
alaamagdy007

Post by alaamagdy007 »

Dear rasha, congrats and godspeed.. You do speak well by the way :) .. I just want to ask you some questions like: did you have the test in Egypt or where? Also how was the overall exam like? And the speaking part? Because I am studying from barrons ielts and i don't know if that's enough. Thanks again