Speak about your trip

Daily (Mon-Fri) speech exercises with Ryan through Whatsapp
alaamagdy007

Speak about your trip

Post by alaamagdy007 »

please listen and evaluate my speaking .
in this module i was answering the following questions
i am describing a trip i have taken recently
1- where you went ?
2-who went with you ?
3-why you went there ?

and describe some things you saw and did on your trip
any criticism would be appreciated guys . i have my exams scheduled on the 29th of january
Attachments
Alaa 1st trial.mp3
(2.69 MiB) Downloaded 448 times
lmoore
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Re: Speak about your trip

Post by lmoore »

Hello, Alaamagdy007,
Thanks for sharing your experiences in Spain and Rome. I haven’t made it to Spain yet, but I would encourage you to go back to Rome if you get a chance. It is phenomenal.
First, your pronunciation is easy to understand, for the most part. There were a couple of words, however, that could use some work. For example, “rule” sounded like “role” when you said it instead of “rool.” Also, Barcelona sounded like “Barshelona,” but should be “Barselona.” Also, you said, “basically,” but it sounded like you said, “basically.” Make sure the “s” in that word is not voiced. You shouldn’t be able to feel a vibration in your throat when you say it.
Your organization was good as well. I heard transitions like, “to begin with,” and “also.” Your conclusion was nice as well, wrapping up the whole speech well.
When you speak, avoid saying “okay” so often. It interrupts your fluency. You speak a bit slowly, which is fine, but interjections like this can make you sound like you are struggling to find the right words.
As far as vocabulary goes, I heard you use higher-level words sometimes, such as “modernity.” I would encourage you to build a list of higher-level words for each topic you work on as you practice for the speaking part of the test. One problem with vocabulary I noticed was when you said, “which remarks the end of the Islamic rule.” It should have been, “MARKS the end of the Islamic rule.”
Finally, your grammar was good in most places. You were able to self-correct a verb tense at least one time, but you didn’t need to do so very often. When you said, “me and four of my friends,” note that it should be “my four friends and I.” You also repeated this phrase once, which indicates a fluency difficulty.
Here are a couple other grammar notes:
last day in the trip - ON the trip
since it was the first time in Europe – MY first time in Europe
Best wishes as you continue to practice!
alaamagdy007

Re: Speak about your trip

Post by alaamagdy007 »

Thanks imoor. i will definitely consider heading to rome again. however, I think you will love spain very much :)
I am very thankful that you took the time to correct me. Also i am glad that you noticed that I am studying with Amr - who went to spain with me- and we are gearing up currently for the exam, so prepare to hear a lot from us :)