Part 1

Daily (Mon-Fri) speech exercises with Ryan through Whatsapp
Eli

Part 1

Post by Eli »

1) Is your family small or quite large?
2) What do you do when you are all together?
3)Of all your family members who do you get on with best?why?
4)What is your favorite food?
5) Where do you normally eat?why?
6) In what ways are peoples eating habits changing these days?
7) Where do you get your news from?
8)How do you think news reporting in your country differs from that abroad?
9) Tell me about an interesting news items you have read recently?
Attachments
Part1.mp3
(4.45 MiB) Downloaded 313 times
lmoore
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Re: Part 1

Post by lmoore »

Hello, Eli,
Thank you for sharing your answers to these different questions.
First, I would say that your vocabulary is good. I heard words like “obscure,” and “distorted.” These indicate that you have a solid understanding of specific words related to the topics on which you speak.
As far as organization/coherency goes, I would encourage you to use transition words and expressions to help you expand your answers. “For example” or “for instance” can help you create extended answers. At times, your answers are too short. I understand that you were probably giving a sampling of your speech here, but during the exam, you should be prepared to speak about a minute or so in part 1 on the easier questions and up to a couple of minutes in part 2.
Additionally, you might spend some time clearing up your pronunciation. Your recording was a bit difficult to understand in a couple of places. While you speak clearly overall, you could improve your pronunciation by working on not saying “z” when there is a “th” sound, or saying “w” when you want to say “v.” Also, the word “obesity” is said with a long “e” sound, as in “me” instead of a short “e” sound, as in “egg.” Finally, the word “overwhelmed” has just three syllables, not four. Simply say “d” at the end of the word, and make it part of the third syllable, not “ed” as a fourth syllable by itself.
Here are some grammar notes:
I come from the extended which our family had a five siblings – I come from a large family which has five siblings.
go to picnic – go on a picnic
like this – and others like these
trying to avoid meals which is prepared – which are prepared
due to fast pace of life – due to the fast pace of life
because it make more easy – because it is easier
trying to get hold of the main headlines – “Trying to get hold of” means trying to contact a person. Perhaps use “trying to find.”
you have read – should be “red” in the past tense, not “reed.”
life in other planets – life ON other planets
put on me more impatient – made me impatient
Best wishes as you continue to practice!
Eli

Re: Part 1

Post by Eli »

Hello Imoore
Thanks a lot. your guides are very helpful