Thanx Guys for Help 8.0 Academic :)

This is the place to ask a question about the IELTS or raise an IELTS related topic for public discussion.
imranahmad

Thanx Guys for Help 8.0 Academic :)

Post by imranahmad »

I wanted to Thank people in this blog & people who helped me.. I finally got the score i was needing 8.0 (So happy). I thanx Ryan for his tutorial that guided me all the way... thanx a lot.
Sohan_Patel

Re: Thanx Guys for Help 8.0 Academic :)

Post by Sohan_Patel »

wow !!! at first, i wanna congrats to you...
Last edited by Sohan_Patel on Mon May 11, 2015 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OnlineEnglishTeacher

Post by OnlineEnglishTeacher »

imranahmad wrote:I wanted to Thank people in this blog & people who helped me.. I finally got the score i was needing 8.0 (So happy). I thanx Ryan for his tutorial that guided me all the way... thanx a lot.
Congratulations.
Free Ebook For IELTS Tips

Skype IELTS Teacher (All Sections) - Try For $1 / Also, IELTS Writing Correction (Upload): $1 Demo - Skype ID = "ieltsonlineenglishteacher"
imranahmad

Post by imranahmad »

Sohan_Patel wrote:wow !!! at first, i wanna congrats to you...

Can you please suggest me tips to improve scores in reading section ...
and also i want to improve my speaking ..

also wanna know that if you had joined classes or you studied by yourself ?
Reading section need precision... you should read paragraph well & should underline the important data so you can trace data easily while browsing questions. this saves a lot of time trust me. Time bound Practice is something that's gonna make you perfect in this section. Try all types of question & if you feel prob. in any you can refer to Ryans tutorials or many more available on you tube.

No i didn't take any professional help for my exams. trust me with right mindset & practice you don't need external guidance at all. I have a hectic work schedule 9X6 & sometimes i even have to work in shifts, so it was quite difficult. I practiced a lot for like 25 days, done around 12 sample papers & watched & read many videos & online resources.
Sohan_Patel

Post by Sohan_Patel »

Hello Mr. mohammand
Last edited by Sohan_Patel on Mon May 11, 2015 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sohan_Patel

Post by Sohan_Patel »

Sohan_Patel wrote:Hello Mr. mohammand,
Can you post your bands of each section.

How did you practice Speaking .. I meet some difficulties while speaking.
imranahmad

Post by imranahmad »

Sohan_Patel wrote:Hello Mr. mohammand,
How did you practice Speaking .. I meet some difficulties while speaking.
Speaking Is something you need to practice a lot if you don't have fluency. Fluency & confidence will get you good marks & with a pinch of good vocabulary, you can score really well. Don't Stress urself much n speak from an open mind or exactly wat you feel about the question. Practice with people as much as possible, this site can get you a good amount of people for that. Please don't try to make it complex, Keep your answers simple so you can deliver them loud & clear with ease.

Don't try to impress the interviewer, he is not the one that's gonna rate you. The recording is used for giving marks so try to make the best for recording. If you feel like your center is noisy, you can complain that to people of IDP/British council right away. If they don't take any actions & still ask you to give the test then just go for it, However you can give a written complaint about that after your LRW exam.
Sohan_Patel

Post by Sohan_Patel »

Hi imran ahmad,

Did you read questions first or the passage first...
Please tell us your strategy.
imranahmad

Post by imranahmad »

Sohan_Patel wrote:Hi imran ahmad,

Did you read questions first or the passage first...
Please tell us your strategy.
I have gone through passage first highlighting important parts of each paragraph... It was a quick reading, I didn't spend much time understanding them but just marked the important stuff. It makes it quite easy to relate the question to certain paragraph & saves a lot of time. then you can easily read and answer them with ease.

Lot of people find difficulty in T/F/NG or Y/N/NG questions. the real trick is that the statements are paraphrased so you have to get the clear idea about what statement is telling you. After you locate the paragraph or sentence containing data, read it carefully & compare both the Ideas. If idea stands, its true if not its false, or if it tells entirely an unspecified data, its NG.
imranahmad

Post by imranahmad »

My Section wise band is.
1) Listening- 8.5
2) Reading- 8.5
3) Writing- 7
4) Speaking- 7