please rate my speaking

Daily (Mon-Fri) speech exercises with Ryan through Whatsapp
ya123

please rate my speaking

Post by ya123 »

I got the following topic in my speaking, I spoke almost similar to audio attached, what band is expected?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tell me about a job which is really important in your country
What the job is
Who does this job
What training is required to do this
Why you feel this job is really important.
Attachments
task.mp3
(1.91 MiB) Downloaded 347 times
lmoore
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Re: please rate my speaking

Post by lmoore »

Hi, Ya123,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about this important position. I agree with you that this is a vital job.
I would first say that you spoke directly to the point much of the time. However, I did not feel that you gave as clear or expanded an answer as you might to the questions of who does the job and what training is required. Using more transition phrases might also help you to link your ideas more clearly.
Regarding pronunciation, you are quite easy to understand, for the most part. I would encourage you to work on the “TH” sound, however. “Think” is not “tink,” and “the” is not “duh.” Also, when you say the word, “progress” as a verb, you emphasized the first syllable, but you should emphasize the second one, so it sounds like “proGRESS,” not “PROgress,” the latter of which is the noun.
Your vocabulary is good. I heard these words that indicate an understanding of higher-level vocabulary: tedious, crucial, uplifted.
Here are some notes:
got the required training and expertise – HAVE the required training and expertise
carry a harmful thing with them – Avoid using “thing.” You might say “weapon,” or “object.”
everything will ameliorate – will be ameliorated – This is a good vocabulary word, but in this situation, you want to use it was an adjective. If you use it as a verb, the subject should act upon an object, as in “The man ameliorated the difficult situation by calling for peace.” In your sentence, a better word might have been “calm,” or “become more stable/peaceful/calm.”
Best wishes as you continue to practice!