Grade my letter - IELTS Book 2

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
ya123

Grade my letter - IELTS Book 2

Post by ya123 »

You travelled by plane last week and your suitcase was lost. You have still heard nothing from the airline company.
Write to the airline and explain what happened. Describe your suit case and tell them what was in it. Find out what they are going to do about it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing this letter to express my dissatisfaction over the poor customer service of your airline. My suitcase was lost last week while travelling and still not recovered.

I travelled from Islamabad to New York by flight 158 last Sunday. It was a long flight and it stopped at two airports. When I landed at New York, I discovered that my briefcase was missing from my luggage. It was a medium sized, Samsonite briefcase of black color. My name, passport number and address are printed on its attached tag. It’s locked and contains all my educational certificates. I immediately reported that incident to concerned department and was told that it would take one day to recover my briefcase. After three days, I learned from customer support department that it would take 10 days to find my briefcase.

I am extremely disappointed by the service of your airline. It’s the mistake of your airline to misplace my briefcase and now lame excuses are made by support department. You can imagine the discomfort I have to face as I am here to apply for a job and my education certificates are mandatory to show during interview process. I want your airline’s support department to immediately track down my briefcase and return me as soon as possible.

Yours faithfully,
Ya 123