part one.mp3
(667.37 KiB) Downloaded 389 times
lmoore
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Re: Isthat good?

Post by lmoore »

Hello, again,
In this recording, I really liked your organization and examples. You were clear, concise, and to the point. I think you might offer some more details, however. Perhaps you might mention that teaching younger students can be difficult because they are less serious and interested in what they are learning. University students studying dentistry are even past the age at which they have just entered university. They know exactly what they want to do, and they are committed to studying and performing well, in general.
The one grammar note I have for you is that you should say, “If I were to be asked. . .” instead of “If I were to asked.”
This was well-thought out and clear. Linking your words together, and working on intonation and reduction will help your pronunciation. I remember now that I am writing that in the last recording, you said “role MODEL,” with the emphasis on the second word, but the emphasis should have been on “ROLE,” making it “ROLE model.” Intonation exercises, such as when to emphasize the first or second word, can help your overall pronunciation. In this case, “role model” is a “set phrase,” a phrase that we use so often in English that the emphasis has changed from being on the second word being on the first. In a descriptive phrase, the emphasis is on the second word. So a “blue book” is emphasized “blue BOOK,” but a “phone book” is emphasized as “PHONE book” because it is a set phrase.
Best wishes as you continue to practice!
rasha

Re: Isthat good?

Post by rasha »

Thanks a lot I appreciate your effort