Hello everyone

This is the place to ask a question about the IELTS or raise an IELTS related topic for public discussion.
DavidVZLA

Hello everyone

Post by DavidVZLA »

Hello

My name is David, I'm an electrical engineer from Venezuela. I am planning to take the IELTS test for immigration purposes. I consider myself as a band 5-6 student. I need to achieve 6 in each skill, but I'm worried about my writing and speaking skills. I hope that this forum will help me to improve my skills, and I also hope that I might help other people.

Skype drhg13

bye
OnlineEnglishTeacher

Re: Hello everyone

Post by OnlineEnglishTeacher »

DavidVZLA wrote:Hello

My name is David, I'm an electrical engineer from Venezuela. I am planning to take the IELTS test for immigration purposes. I consider myself as a band 5-6 student. I need to achieve 6 in each skill, but I'm worried about my writing and speaking skills. I hope that this forum will help me to improve my skills, and I also hope that I might help other people.

Skype drhg13

bye
Is this your first exam?
Free Ebook For IELTS Tips

Skype IELTS Teacher (All Sections) - Try For $1 / Also, IELTS Writing Correction (Upload): $1 Demo - Skype ID = "ieltsonlineenglishteacher"
DavidVZLA

Post by DavidVZLA »

OnlineEnglishTeacher wrote: Is this your first exam?
Yes it is, or will be.

I have been learning English by myself during the last 10 years. But unfortunately I have been learning in an inappropriate way.
I learned reading just reading on internet manuals, games instructions, news, technical reviews, Engineering standards and books etc etc.... now I am reading books "novels".
I learned listening, watching the same things in youtube and watching tv and movies.
I learned writing playing MMORPG like WOW, MU, and Perfect World.
And speaking just with the sum of my knowledge of these three skills.
But I enrolled in ESL program in the University of West Indies in Trinidad & Tobago in September of current year.
I was assigned to the advance level (Oxford Level test)
I have finished the ESL course (-A), but I still have several basic grammatical mistakes, due to my weak bases.
OnlineEnglishTeacher

Post by OnlineEnglishTeacher »

Yes, when I read your post, I was going to mention grammar and then see you had - I found this site very useful for learning grammar: "http://www.englishclub.com/grammar".
DavidVZLA wrote:
OnlineEnglishTeacher wrote: Is this your first exam?
Yes it is, or will be.

I have been learning English by myself during the last 10 years. But unfortunately I have been learning in an inappropriate way.
I learned reading just reading on internet manuals, games instructions, news, technical reviews, Engineering standards and books etc etc.... now I am reading books "novels".
I learned listening, watching the same things in youtube and watching tv and movies.
I learned writing playing MMORPG like WOW, MU, and Perfect World.
And speaking just with the sum of my knowledge of these three skills.
But I enrolled in ESL program in the University of West Indies in Trinidad & Tobago in September of current year.
I was assigned to the advance level (Oxford Level test)
I have finished the ESL course (-A), but I still have several basic grammatical mistakes, due to my weak bases.
Free Ebook For IELTS Tips

Skype IELTS Teacher (All Sections) - Try For $1 / Also, IELTS Writing Correction (Upload): $1 Demo - Skype ID = "ieltsonlineenglishteacher"
DavidVZLA

Post by DavidVZLA »

OnlineEnglishTeacher wrote:Yes, when I read your post, I was going to mention grammar and then see you had - I found this site very useful for learning grammar: "http://www.englishclub.com/grammar".
Thx, I'll check it.
GurleenAhluwalia

Post by GurleenAhluwalia »

Hello,
Looking for IELTS Exam Preparations which can benefit you with all online help through videos and everything. Call us on our toll free number and discuss your queries with them @ 1800-300-00068 or visit https://meetuniv.com/ielts-preparation

Regards,
Gurleen Ahluwalia
Education Counselor