Pleaseeeeee everyone reply!!! I need listening help!!!!!! :(

This is the place to ask a question about the IELTS or raise an IELTS related topic for public discussion.
Robeena

Pleaseeeeee everyone reply!!! I need listening help!!!!!! :(

Post by Robeena »

Hi everyone!!

I'm almost going to have a IELTS listening test phobia!!! Lol, but seriously I'm so hellingly scared of Ielts listening test because I am not used to British accent at all!!! :cry: !!! It is because I've always used American because of the movies etc and all. On my first time I scored 5.5 in listening but I want to get at least 6.5 or 7!!!!! Please does anyone know any website from which I can download or play British movie audios or any long duration audios from which I can get benefit for my IELTS and understanding British accent more!... I just want to practice listening a lot instead of testing myself continuously which makes me frustrated and have me down!!! Please help!!!!!
walterforero

Re: Pleaseeeeee everyone reply!!! I need listening help!!!!!

Post by walterforero »

Hello,

Don't worry, I usually listen to this radio... Almost the time I not caught them but I still working on that as well..
BBC RADIO 4
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/on-air

Regards,

Walter
Robeena

Post by Robeena »

Thanks Walter for your help! .. but unfortunately that radio app is not available on my country! :( .. I live in middle east, Qatar.
walterforero

Post by walterforero »

Oh sorry, but in this link there are some links for British Radios. Perhaps some of those will work.

http://www.listenlive.eu/uk.html

Bye!
K. AHAMED SHAREEF

Post by K. AHAMED SHAREEF »

12angrymen - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngbEpZ0tTjI - watch this movie u will improve ...and accent ....
Robeena

Post by Robeena »

Thanks Walter and Ahmad!!!!
harry17188

Post by harry17188 »

Can any one tell me which country can help indian student ...is dere any one to help. Nt gettng good scores
mohammedmoizuddin

Post by mohammedmoizuddin »

Hi !!

First of I would like to say you that please don't get frustrated, be relax and never allow any problem to overcome you.
The second important thing is when you applied for ielts I believe you got a exam preparation book, ist it. If you get it then just practice that listening chapters and believe me you will be satisfied. The main important thing in preparing for listening is just CONCENTRATION- once you left any question unanswered move to next one but don't wait for that previous question, If you wait for answer for that previous question then the Audio Conversation will be moving to other questions and you will be shocked to see that the section is over in that Audio Conversation and you are struck in that old previous Question.

First Part and Second part of listening will be easy, just you will find difficulty in last part so, don't be afraid and be patience and believe in Almighty, do your hard work and leave on Almighty & Pray for me as I have test on 1st November 2014.

regards
Mohammed Moizuddin
moizsarvath@gmail.com
moizmohd2003@yahoo.com
Robeena

Post by Robeena »

Thanks Mohamed, and that's so true!!!... I just had my first try on the full listening sample test just like a real one, so I did it and I found it very easy!!!! I scored on my first try without prep 6.5 in listening! As it was having the score calculator and the listening marks you can calculate them easily... I was just 3 marks less than a band score of 7 in listening!!... it's really just the concentration!! And being calm as well!!...
mouza

Post by mouza »

Please can anyone tell me is ielts doable? I have taken TOEFL several time
But I couldn't score 24 in each section!! Can I score 7 in each ielts section?