ielts test 18oct questions

Have you taken the IELTS recently? Share your questions with other students here.
Komsan

Re: ielts test 18oct questions

Post by Komsan »

Morning was the correct answer
krishnabhargavt

Post by krishnabhargavt »

Whoa..!! Lots of misleading answers I guess..

As "Carole" said.. even I think it was for raising funds... not as a museum.. but you never know until you get the answers..
dr.awastk

Post by dr.awastk »

Komsan wrote:Morning was the correct answer
thanks
:)
dr.awastk

Post by dr.awastk »

krishnabhargavt wrote:Whoa..!! Lots of misleading answers I guess..

As "Carole" said.. even I think it was for raising funds... not as a museum.. but you never know until you get the answers..
i also did for raising funds, as they needed money inorder to continue their journey
Lalith

Post by Lalith »

dr.awastk wrote:
krishnabhargavt wrote:Whoa..!! Lots of misleading answers I guess..

i also did for raising funds, as they needed money inorder to continue their journey
But, the question was 'Why did they stop at london ?' and the conversation said they stopped at London to fix the boat then and as lunette was popular they wanted people to see, so they can raise funds and continue their journey.
Correct me if i am wrong.
krishnabhargavt

Yes Lalith... the context said that.. Also they mention about running out of money for continuing their journey.. so its a tricky question... hope for the best ;)
krishnabhargavt

I dont remember seeing another thread with so many replies as this one :D :mrgreen: :lol:
Lalith

Post by Lalith »

krishnabhargavt wrote:Yes Lalith... the context said that.. Also they mention about running out of money for continuing their journey.. so its a tricky question... hope for the best ;)
yep this is tricky..! :)
dr.awastk

Post by dr.awastk »

Lalith wrote:
krishnabhargavt wrote:Yes Lalith... the context said that.. Also they mention about running out of money for continuing their journey.. so its a tricky question... hope for the best ;)
yep this is tricky..! :)
well this boat passage was full of surprises and ups and down.
I hope everyone get their desire score :)

so what has happened thats gone ,lets pray we get our desire band.
Ameen.
Lalith

Post by Lalith »

krishnabhargavt wrote:I dont remember seeing another thread with so many replies as this one :D :mrgreen: :lol:
Correct, this is because of our curious waiting for results...!
Bad thing here is we never have answer keys or can find it anywhere, best way is to discuss like this.
For other recent batches there are huge delays in the results...Hopefully we get it on the said date.
I was told Nov 7th what about you guys ?
wishbone1986

Post by wishbone1986 »

Hi guys.
What was the answer to question 40 of the reading test. GT.
This was the one where they said he was buried with a sheep. Had to ans T,F,NG.
I said false? Was this correct?
Lalith

Post by Lalith »

wishbone1986 wrote:Hi guys.
What was the answer to question 40 of the reading test. GT.
This was the one where they said he was buried with a sheep. Had to ans T,F,NG.
I said false? Was this correct?
False is the right answer, as somewhere in the last 2 passages told otzi was not a shepherd as ther aren't any signs of sheep nearby
wishbone1986

Post by wishbone1986 »

And the question where they said you have to wait for your license results? This was the motorbike text. Questions 11 I think. If I recall, they said you'll be given your results as soon as you've finished. So I said false
Was this correct?

And the other question where they said the points increase/decrease in each section of the test. I said NG. They didn't mention anything about points increasing or decreasing? Was my ans correct?
Firstrader

Post by Firstrader »

Hello guys,

I am new here, I wanted to have your opinion; I was one of those guys who took the IELTS on the 18th of October, I was really shocked by how undoable was the reading part in one single hour only, for me, it was impossible to read and answer those 40 tricky questions related to the three texts. I already took some reading sample tests before, and though it was a bit stressful, I managed to finish them and never imagined it would be that challenging in the real test.

I had the beauty, national library and women leaders texts. As soon I started reading the second part, an examiner told us that we only had 20 minutes left. I didn't even have time to read some of the second's and especially third's part questions. I was very disheartened after the test, as I thought my potential bad score in reading would comprise my overall ielts score :|

Maybe have I spent too much time on the first part, but one thing is sure though; although the first part is supposed to be "easier", it wasn't that easy at all, there were lots of traps and it was almost impossible to simply skim the texts, we ought to read AND understand them. in order for instance to match the headlines to each paragraph...I am not sure this test part is about english but more about speed, even if it were in my native language, I am not certain I'd have passed it.

I wanted to know what did the other candidates think about this reading test ?

Thank in you in advance.
Chizzt

Post by Chizzt »

For me the reading part was a pain as well.. All three sections were tricky and time constraint made it even worse.. I remember attempting that last ten questions in 20 seconds!.. Just filled the answer grid randomlyfor the last ten instead of just loosing hope!.. All other components were easy, it's just that getting a 6 above band in reading is going to be a challenge! :|
dr.awastk

Post by dr.awastk »

Firstrader wrote:Hello guys,

I am new here, I wanted to have your opinion; I was one of those guys who took the IELTS on the 18th of October, I was really shocked by how undoable was the reading part in one single hour only, for me, it was impossible to read and answer those 40 tricky questions related to the three texts. I already took some reading sample tests before, and though it was a bit stressful, I managed to finish them and never imagined it would be that challenging in the real test.

I had the beauty, national library and women leaders texts. As soon I started reading the second part, an examiner told us that we only had 20 minutes left. I didn't even have time to read some of the second's and especially third's part questions. I was very disheartened after the test, as I thought my potential bad score in reading would comprise my overall ielts score :|

Maybe have I spent too much time on the first part, but one thing is sure though; although the first part is supposed to be "easier", it wasn't that easy at all, there were lots of traps and it was almost impossible to simply skim the texts, we ought to read AND understand them. in order for instance to match the headlines to each paragraph...I am not sure this test part is about english but more about speed, even if it were in my native language, I am not certain I'd have passed it.

I wanted to know what did the other candidates think about this reading test ?

Thank in you in advance.
yeah i agree with you. The they did in all the pasage was about T/F/NG that they started each of them from the 3rd paragraph....i got stuck in 1st passage but then i skipped it inorder to save my time for the remaining two passages. The 2nd passage had taken about 12-15mints as i assume it was the easiest and then i started the 3rd passage ( the toughest one ) well i did it too in about 25mints and then i came to passage 1 and did the remaining question.
well i assume it was the toughest reading test but time managment was the key as in my opinion the 2nd passage was the easiest and it was less time consuming.
lets hope we get the good score in it.Ameen
dr.awastk

Post by dr.awastk »

i still remember the 1st question of the 1st passage in which they were talking about that its get difficult to identify resembling face at 1st and then it later develop to recognize the eprson ( was something like that ) and i marked it True.
well lets hope we get our desire score in all.
khulan_8824

Post by khulan_8824 »

What did you put when they asked Charles Dickins envied his sister's succuess?
Chizzt

Post by Chizzt »

It's going to be pure luck now! I blew my reading test cus of the 3rd passage!.. Let's hope God sorts it all out for us! Ameen!..
krishnabhargavt

Lalith wrote:
krishnabhargavt wrote:I dont remember seeing another thread with so many replies as this one :D :mrgreen: :lol:
Correct, this is because of our curious waiting for results...!
Bad thing here is we never have answer keys or can find it anywhere, best way is to discuss like this.
For other recent batches there are huge delays in the results...Hopefully we get it on the said date.
I was told Nov 7th what about you guys ?
Oct 31st is what they said in the exam hall.. Also the mail said the same
krishnabhargavt

wishbone1986 wrote:And the question where they said you have to wait for your license results? This was the motorbike text. Questions 11 I think. If I recall, they said you'll be given your results as soon as you've finished. So I said false
Was this correct?

And the other question where they said the points increase/decrease in each section of the test. I said NG. They didn't mention anything about points increasing or decreasing? Was my ans correct?
I guess both of your answers are right..

The reason I said "guess" is since nobody hear has the key.. its all based on assumptions
Irham

Post by Irham »

I think for the motorbike question they asked "the results are declared Immediately" but in the passage - results are immediately given after the first step of the licence exam. So, my answer was NG as it say anything about final result.
Irham

Post by Irham »

The passage did not say anything about final result
Lalith

Post by Lalith »

Irham wrote:I think for the motorbike question they asked "the results are declared Immediately" but in the passage - results are immediately given after the first step of the licence exam. So, my answer was NG as it say anything about final result.
yes!! It should be NG as 'results are immediately given after part1'
of the test, then later after part 2 and part3 of test nothing given about results.
wishbone1986

Post by wishbone1986 »

What did you say about the points increase/decrease in further parts of the license test?