Applying for Canadian PR

This is the place to ask a question about the IELTS or raise an IELTS related topic for public discussion.
chang

Applying for Canadian PR

Post by chang »

Hello everybody!
I am Chun Mei Chang and I live in Mumbai, India. I am practicing for my IELTS in feb, 2016. I am applying for a Canadian PR and since the only CRA scores I can improve immediately is the scores for my IELTS, I am aiming to score a 9 in every module. I understand its a humongous task and I would appreciate any assistance from anyone in my preparation. Kindly do feel free to critically criticize my essays and provide tips for any of the four modules. this will be my first IELTS and I'm a little skeptical about it.

Wishing myself and all IELTS takers all the very best!
OnlineEnglishTeacher

Re: Applying for Canadian PR

Post by OnlineEnglishTeacher »

chang wrote:Hello everybody!
I am Chun Mei Chang and I live in Mumbai, India. I am practicing for my IELTS in feb, 2016. I am applying for a Canadian PR and since the only CRA scores I can improve immediately is the scores for my IELTS, I am aiming to score a 9 in every module. I understand its a humongous task and I would appreciate any assistance from anyone in my preparation. Kindly do feel free to critically criticize my essays and provide tips for any of the four modules. this will be my first IELTS and I'm a little skeptical about it.

Wishing myself and all IELTS takers all the very best!
Have you taken any IELTS listening and reading exams so far?

If so, what were your results?
Free Ebook For IELTS Tips

Skype IELTS Teacher (All Sections) - Try For $1 / Also, IELTS Writing Correction (Upload): $1 Demo - Skype ID = "ieltsonlineenglishteacher"
chang

Post by chang »

My IELTS is scheduled for 18th feb, 2016. so far I have been practicing from the Cambridge books (completed books 1, 3 and 5) and my scores for listening range between 8-9 (9 only about 5 times). for reading its more arnd 7.5-8.0 (9 only a couple of times). I know if i cantinue to practice more and more I can try and achieve 9 in them however, what really concerns me is I have no evaluation of my writing and speaking.
OnlineEnglishTeacher

Post by OnlineEnglishTeacher »

chang wrote:My IELTS is scheduled for 18th feb, 2016. so far I have been practicing from the Cambridge books (completed books 1, 3 and 5) and my scores for listening range between 8-9 (9 only about 5 times). for reading its more arnd 7.5-8.0 (9 only a couple of times). I know if i cantinue to practice more and more I can try and achieve 9 in them however, what really concerns me is I have no evaluation of my writing and speaking.
There are various paid services for that from online teachers.

Also, there are various strategies and tips for improving your speaking/writing available online - for examples Ryan's videos.
Free Ebook For IELTS Tips

Skype IELTS Teacher (All Sections) - Try For $1 / Also, IELTS Writing Correction (Upload): $1 Demo - Skype ID = "ieltsonlineenglishteacher"