Warm greeting

This is the place to ask a question about the IELTS or raise an IELTS related topic for public discussion.
Nathan

Warm greeting

Post by Nathan »

Hi

My name is Nathan , I am Saudi and live in Dammam (KSA) .

I have seen some blogs taking about this website, So I am here.

I am preparing my self for ILET's exam "next month maybe", My goal is band 7 or above in all sections. I am too far however but certainly with practice , self motivation and some help from this site and it's all lovely & friendly members I will get it.

Honestly , I do appreciate the efforts that have been made for this informative website and I am grateful.

This is to introduce my self and Hi to everyone read this text.

Thanks.
aavilajunior

Re: Warm greeting

Post by aavilajunior »

Nice to meet you!

I hope you get succesfull with your planning. One day I'll be good like you.

You can contact me by this website everytime you want (or need). You can also correct me about my "writing english".... I know it's not that good....

See you later! Bye bye!
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Hello Junior

Thank you for posting .

I m here to be corrected just like you , I am not English master but I love to speak and write in English.

it is very rich language and it is grapping attention since it is number one language in the world. Fashion , Art, Sport , since all speak English.

The beauty of it that it is easy to learn and available whenever wherever you are, Although it is very strong and structurally maintained.

Any how I would not say nice to meet you since I have not met you but I will say Nice to talk to you instead.
aavilajunior

Post by aavilajunior »

Hi Nathan!

It's great to talk to you again.

I've been studing english all the time on the last months, and I also heard that we have to know the "secrets" (some "tips") to improve it better. They are:

- to Listen a lot (listen, listen, listen, all the time).
- to have friends that speak english.

So, Here I am! I wait for your answer! We'll keep talking, ok?

Regards!

Junior
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

Hi man ,,

good morning ,,,

absolutely , If you listen more , you will learn more .

Scientifically I think It goes like this :

when you listen to an English conversation , Your brain begins to collect the words & arrange them then extract the meaning of the sound that you just listened to , If you are a beginner your brain will try to translate it to your language before the meaning extraction , however it is not the same with advance listener , Their brain is trained to extract the meaning directly not through their native language , Therefor when you listen more , basically you are training your brain to understand English faster which leads to major overall improvement for your English, also when you listen more you will be able to speak and write better because your brain is only fetching what it can recall from pervious English chat listen.
aavilajunior

Post by aavilajunior »

Nathan, hi!!

This is very interesting and it's just because of that I've been trying to listen more and more everyday.

I must to be honest with myself... my english isn't good, but I can communicate. It is not good for me. I want more, I want to get higher levels in english speaking, writing, listening.

I wish to be fluent, and to get this I must to be in contact with people who knows english, like you.

and.... we can start now, with you correcting my texts. What do you think? You can give me suggestions about what phrase or verb to use in replacement with this or that word.

Anyway.... I would like to thank you for the help, and I hope to keep talking with you.

Do you have a skype name? mine: "aavilajunior". You can add me if you want.

Have a nice evening!