Hi I'm Lumbo and I'm aiming for a 9 in every subjects. Much ambition

This is the place to ask a question about the IELTS or raise an IELTS related topic for public discussion.
lumbo

Hi I'm Lumbo and I'm aiming for a 9 in every subjects. Much ambition

Post by lumbo »

English is my 3rd language and I'm an English teacher in China. I have no qualification in English at all though so this is my attempt on securing a nice juicy trophy for my resume.

I'm currently studying for (or more like procrastinating) for my IELTS which I am planning to take in mid March, but I have encountered a lot of questions, and most of them are rather usual and bizarre. From common sense understanding vs literal understanding to the use of satirical language in writing, I am sure this fine IELTS community is able to enlighten me on these questions, unlike my colleagues (who taught IELTS) and any Chinese IELTS community.

I will also share my opinion regarding studying for IELTS, consider it is what I do for living, but I am afraid I can only shed some light on the basics, but my statement for the current phenomenon and method of IELTS studying in China could be something useful and... fun to laugh at.

Also, my spelling is bad, despite possessing a nice range of vocabulary (mostly in Science as my major is in biomedical science), I recon I could not correctly spell 5% of my total vocabulary and 60% of my higher level vocabulary like "pneumonia" (Ironically I did spell it correctly) and "relinguishment", and I have no idea which word I cannot spell... so yes.. this is a rather problematic hinderance towards my goal for writing (see, I misspelled hindrance)

So, that is me. AMA
FastTrackIELTS

Re: Hi I'm Lumbo and I'm aiming for a 9 in every subjects. Much ambition

Post by FastTrackIELTS »

Hi Lumbo,

Wow, band score 9 is a very impressive goal! Your English reads very well already so you're in a fantastic position to succeed.

Your spelling seems fine and luckily you won't need to spell industry-specific vocabulary like pneumonia. If you'd like any help or would like an IELTS assessment of your current band score with me - let me know I'll be happy to help. :)

I look forwards to hearing from you soon
Jordan
EXPERT IELTS WRITING TASK 1 & TASK 2 CORRECTIONS
WWW.PASSMYIELTS.COM/IELTS-WRITING
lumbo

Re: Hi I'm Lumbo and I'm aiming for a 9 in every subjects. Much ambition

Post by lumbo »

FastTrackIELTS wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:47 pm Hi Lumbo,

Wow, band score 9 is a very impressive goal! Your English reads very well already so you're in a fantastic position to succeed.

Your spelling seems fine and luckily you won't need to spell industry-specific vocabulary like pneumonia. If you'd like any help or would like an IELTS assessment of your current band score with me - let me know I'll be happy to help. :)

I look forwards to hearing from you soon
Jordan
thanks Fastrack, I've made a few posts here and there regarding my questions, will make a focused version at some point