Anyone else watching BBC Words in the News?

Share a copyright friendly link, video or MP3.
Ryan

Anyone else watching BBC Words in the News?

Post by Ryan »

The BBC has some great online resources. This Words in the News series is terrific at exposing viewers to new vocabulary as it appears in international reporting. Here is one of the videos from the series:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvO3qe_W ... 2SvAD-vmGH
Anna

Re: Anyone else watching BBC Words in the News?

Post by Anna »

They are well-designed, will never make you bored. For me it's easy to memorise new words when they are repeated several times and illustrated with images as well. So, they contain all necessary aspects to remember unknown words. These series are very useful for people who are keen on to build their vocabulary.

Other series I like are 6 minute English, they are helpful in both listening and vocabulary extension.
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

^Yes, I am also a big fan of that series. I use it from time to time with my in-class students. Thank you for sharing.
suo

Post by suo »

Hi, tody is the first time i access BBC and found word text it is really usefull thank you both Aann & Ryan :D
manoj72133

Post by manoj72133 »

Hi All,

I have joined this network today and my objective is to get the band 8 in IELTS.
I have just listen to the BBC words in the news and it is a fantastic tool to learn and imporve our vocabulary. :D

Thank you Ryan.

Cheers
Manoj
OnlineEnglishTeacher

Post by OnlineEnglishTeacher »

Ryan wrote:The BBC has some great online resources. This Words in the News series is terrific at exposing viewers to new vocabulary as it appears in international reporting. Here is one of the videos from the series:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvO3qe_W ... 2SvAD-vmGH
Nice-sounding tip.
Free Ebook For IELTS Tips

Skype IELTS Teacher (All Sections) - Try For $1 / Also, IELTS Writing Correction (Upload): $1 Demo - Skype ID = "ieltsonlineenglishteacher"
Larry
IELTS Instructor
IELTS Instructor

Post by Larry »

Thanks for the resource Ryan, very cool. I love how they use the vocabulary in context. I'll definitely be recommending this to others.

The content is great. But I had to laugh a bit, his facial expressions are a little too much. I was cracking up at how he raised one eyebrow every time he introduced a new word. I shouldn't laugh though, I know how hard it is to look natural when being filmed ;)

Great stuff! Thanks!
If you like my advice, you might consider checking out my website IELTS Boot Camp.

There you can find lots of speaking, writing, reading, and listening tips.

You can also find a ton of speaking practice questions.