IELTS writing tips - The Hamburger method

Share a copyright friendly link, video or MP3.
IELTSTeacher

IELTS writing tips - The Hamburger method

Post by IELTSTeacher »

IELTS Writing Tip

I just wanted to say a couple of things.

To impress whoever is scoring your paper the right way, you’ll need to be mindful of, not only your linguistic skills, but the quality of your argument too.
Your submission should have a clearly stated and logical argument, and should begin with an informative introduction and end with a conclusion that establishes your final word on the subject.

The best way to achieve this is to spend a little time planning your writing before you start. Use what is known as the hamburger method: the top bun is the introduction, followed by several meat and cheese paragraphs that contain the main points of the essay and finished with the bottom bun (conclusion). Easy to remember!

Also, when you are doing the writing section try to avoid copying words or phrases obviously taken from other sections of the paper. These are not exclusively counted in your score for the writing section. The examiners have a lot of experience and will know if you do this.
Are you looking for an IELTS teacher? http://www.ielts-teacher-skype.com/ I have been helping people with IELTS for over 7 years. I am British native and offer a free trial.