Let's talk about speed reading

Share a copyright friendly link, video or MP3.
Ryan

Let's talk about speed reading

Post by Ryan »

In an interview I conducted for IELTSCast, Toby shared with me that part of the secret to his 8.5 in reading was learning to speed read using Tony Buzan's material. You can find this material and more on YouTube (just do a simple search). Before you start practicing, however, try this test to check how many words per minute you can read. After your training, you can check again to see your improvement.

http://www.staples.com/sbd/cre/marketin ... index.html
Penny D

Re: Let's talk about speed reading

Post by Penny D »

It is really helpful. I come to know what is my reading speed. Unfortunately, I am very slow reader and fall in grade 3 to 4 student category.
kweni16

Post by kweni16 »

This is awesome! I really flunked my reading test when I did some practice test myself, though I took this speed test it's nice to know I got a 232 words per minute. Pretty fast I know but since it's fast, facts retention doesn't seem to go well. Maybe if I try to read slower...
For enjoyable and informative reading, visit 5Archive
Jamshid

Post by Jamshid »

WOW! Toby is an Uzbek guy, isn't he?! I am from Uzbekistan too! Proud to be Uzbek as I always say!
Mr.Ryan, Could you tell us his full name please? Perhaps his fb profile? I know it is somehow confidential, but please. :) I want to invite him as a guest to our Conversation Club "EnglishLife" which we hold every Saturday in Tashkent!
mhingz

Post by mhingz »

Hi Ryan!
I found this not so long ago... apps on speed reading. this really amaze me even till now!
http://elitedaily.com/news/technology/t ... 0-minutes/

mhingz
04/10/2010 - Listening 7.0, Reading 5.5, Writing 6.5, Speaking 7.0
10/26/2013 - Listening 6.0, Reading 5.0, Writing 6.5, Speaking 7.5
10/05/2014 - Listening 7.5, Reading 7.0, Writing 7.0, Speaking 7.5
Jamshid

Post by Jamshid »

WOW! "This Insane New App Will Allow You To Read Novels In Under 90 Minutes"
Mhingz!!! Thank you very much for the resouce!!!
vinitm

Post by vinitm »

That was an amazing experince taking a tour to the test..
I have a speed of 220words/min(13% slower than national reader :P ).
I need to practise more i guess. I would suggest everyone to take this test. It is quite fun :)
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Jamshid wrote:WOW! Toby is an Uzbek guy, isn't he?! I am from Uzbekistan too! Proud to be Uzbek as I always say!
Mr.Ryan, Could you tell us his full name please? Perhaps his fb profile? I know it is somehow confidential, but please. :) I want to invite him as a guest to our Conversation Club "EnglishLife" which we hold every Saturday in Tashkent!
Hi Jamshid,

Please excuse my delayed reply. I'll send Toby an email right now and a link to this message thread. Why don't you send me your email address as a private message (PM) and I'll forward it to him as well.