Improve your IELTS Writing Skills

Have you read a good IELTS related book recently? Tell everyone about it here.
artha

Improve your IELTS Writing Skills

Postby artha » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:41 pm

Improve your IELTS Writing Skills by Sam McCarter & Norman Whitby (Publisher: Macmillan). It has separate exercises for skills required for task 1 & task 2 writing. For instance, understanding trends, comparing information, describing changes, etc for task 1; and planning essays, developing opinions, reasons, linking phrases, etc for task 2. Also included are exercises on grammar and vocabulary. Finally, in all there are 10 task 1 and 10 task 2 questions for practice.

So far, I have completed some of the units of the book and I think its a good book to hone skills for the writing section.

Kimmy

Re: Improve your IELTS Writing Skills

Postby Kimmy » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:17 am

I have been using this book for the last half year for my IELTS preparation. It was recommended by the Language teachers from our school. I found it a practical book that with chapters focus on different writing skills. I would recommend it to anyone preparing for IELTS.

However, it does not provide much suggestions or straight skills for writing structure. This is when I found Ryan's tips really useful. With the combination of both, and extra hard work from yourself, I believe a higher band score is possible for everyone.

Good luck to us all.

Teachersinaloa

Postby Teachersinaloa » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:03 am

Which book is it?

petryworn

Postby petryworn » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:36 am

The book "Improve your IELTS Writing Skills" by Sam McCarter has helped me a lot. It focuses more on sentence structures and vocabulary. This also contains a lot of drills for us to hone our skills in the writing section of the IELTS test. You can find a detailed review at http://ieltsmaster.booklikes.com/post/773968/ielts-review-material-improve-your-ielts-writing-by-sam-mccarter.

rabbab

Postby rabbab » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:57 pm

do you know where i can find ryans more writting samples

raymond

Postby raymond » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:27 am

if i do according to your conversation, are you sure i am able to improve my writing skill? i have a problem when i write it takes so much time . would you help me please? how cam i write as fast as possible? when i write in an exam the bells has been rung before i finished the all :lol: that is why i am thinking to improve my writing skill,
get the best educational quality from ketty editing com which is always the best.

Return to “IELTS book review”