Task2: Topic on exploiting animals, please give me sugg.

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
yhjsaber

Task2: Topic on exploiting animals, please give me sugg.

Post by yhjsaber »

I really need some to help me shorten my essay. Thank you!!

In the modern world, it is no longer necessary to use animals for food, or animal products for clothing and medicine, for example. Do you agree or disagree with this statement?

Recently, the vast developments have made more options available for people to produce food, make clothes and develop new medicines. Thus, it has been suggested that living without exploiting animals for these purposes can be realized in the modern world. However, although I fully agree with this statement, it seems that there is still a long way to go before humans stop exploiting animals.

It is true that advances in technology give humans potentials to create whatever essential to them through synthesis. For instance, food proteins and cloth fabrics can be produced and made through artificially combining and orientating basic chemical elements. Even most medicines can be developed in the same way. As a result, human beings rely less on animals for food and clothing than they did in the past and more importantly, many diseases such as small pox and malaria which were once fatal to health are eliminated by synthesized vaccines, not antibodies extracted from animals. As seen above, it is clear that human would have no problems to survive or even thrive without exploiting animals.

However, despite that humans possess almost every technology allowing them to stop using animals, the long history of mankind dominating animals makes it hard for humans to let them go. Since the advent of human civilization, animals have been recognized as sources of food and cloth, hard labors and most recently, experimental subjects in medical research. With such a long history, humans have developed a deep-rooted thought that animals are meant to be taken advantage of and thus most of us take exploiting animals for granted. Although there has been a raise in the public awareness that as creatures in nature, animals share the same right as humans, it is unfortunate that using animals for food, clothing and medicine is still prevalent in the modern world. Because of this, more efforts and time are still needed to change the people’s view towards animals.

In conclusion, technological advancements have given us abilities to stop exploiting animals for food, clothing and medicine. However, the deep-rooted thought that animals would never share the same right as humans would likely require a long time to be changed. Before that, animals are still likely to be exploited by human beings.