Task2-discussion- giving homework

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
rairaichan0115

Task2-discussion- giving homework

Post by rairaichan0115 »

Topic: Students are given homework every day, some people think it’s good, while others disagree.
Describe both aspects and give your opinion.

In the modern society, students not only have to attend school, they also be required to do their exercises after institution. While some people would argue that it is a splendid idea for the children, many others would contend that giving homework to pupils is demerit to them. These points of view will be analyzed before arriving at a satisfactory outcome.

On the one hand, many people are of opinion that schoolchildren should have homework during a week. As they can recall what they have studied during the lesson. For instance, in Hong Kong, all the students are given assessments in each subjects. It is argued that doing homework is part of their responsibility. Thus, it is understandable why many people gravitate toward this point of view.

On the other hand, many people sustain the notion that it is unnecessary to give homework to pupils every day. To illustrate, in Australia, students do not have any assignment. They are only required to read books which are depending on their interested. Thus, they can learn something depending on their preferences and without pressure. After analyzing this fact, it is certainly clear that why many support this clam.

In conclusion, there are strong arguments on both sides, it is felt that conducting home work is the best means for students reviewing what they have done at school. Also, I believe that it seems advisable for colleges to give an appropriate amount of homework to them.
chang

Re: Task2-discussion- giving homework

Post by chang »

In the modern society, students not only have to attend school, they also be required to do their exercises after institution.
students were required to do homework even in olden times, so "modern society" is inappropriate. moreover even though institution would be a synonym for school, i personally feel the sentence is grammatically incorrect.
While some people would argue that it is a splendid idea for the children, many others would contend that giving homework to pupils is demerit to them.
"demerit them"????
After analyzing this fact, it is certainly clear that why many support this clam.
I'm sorry, where in the essay has this fact been analyzed? i doubt you have clarified the CLAIM.
In conclusion, there are strong arguments on both sides
I personally don't feel you have put forward any strong arguments in support of the topic. it would be interesting to include the effects of both sides on children's development, maturity, career, personality etc.
it is felt that conducting home work is the best means for students reviewing what they have done at school.
unless a 100% sure never use the words "the best" you may suggest "one of the best".

Your essay structure and use of vocabulary is good and grammatical errors are minimum. however, at ~243 words I believe it is underlength. these are just my personal suggestions and i am an amateur like you practicing for my IELTS.