How to improve my writing tasks 1 and 2

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
vishwa

How to improve my writing tasks 1 and 2

Post by vishwa »

Hello,

You have decided to leave your job and need to inform your company about your decision.
Write a letter to your manager. In the letter,
Explain why you are leaving
Express your thanks for what you learned at the company
Suggest the sort of person who could replace you

Dear Mr.Thomas,

I am Vishwa Vinutna, an employee at your company. I am writing this letter to inform you about leaving my sales- executive job.

I deeply apologize to you for making such a sudden decision of resignation. The primary reason behind this decision is the transfer of my husband to Chennai. As you know, he is a manager at the central bank and his job involves the frequent transfers.

I am always be grateful to the company for transforming me into a professional sales- executive. The friendly and cooperative atmosphere at the office encouraged me to inculcate several useful qualities such as interpersonal and management skills. Hence, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for the support.

Moreover, I would like to recommend a friend of to this post. His name is John Slater who is enough experienced in the field of sales management and he is well aware of the marketing strategies. I am sure that, John will contribute his best for the development of our company by introducing innovative ideas.

Finally, I hope you will understand my situation and think about recruiting John. I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully,
Vishwa Vinutna.

In many countries people dream of owning their own home instead paying rent. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of home ownership.
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

It is certainly true that many people struggle much to purchase a house. Besides, it is undeniable fact that having one’s own house would be generally a big dream of every person. Owning a house gives the sense of satisfaction and one would usually feel settled after buying a house. In the essay both the benefits and drawbacks of owning a home will be analyzed before a reasoned conclusion is reached.

As far as advantages are concerned, one might feel relaxed because of no regular rent payments. At times, a person may face financial crisis and might be unable to clear the pay. In this case, having one’s own house would be highly beneficial. Thus, one could easily get rid of these frequent payments. Apart from this, a tenant has to abide by certain terms and conditions imposed by property owners that could be irritating some times. Next, putting money in the purchase of a home is a future investment venture. The house becomes a property of the owners and their off springs.

However, there are certain drawbacks of this idea as well.One has to start saving money in order to buy a house, which may be problematic. On the other hand, there is no surety of property rates, they may alleviate and could lead to the loss of money invested. Furthermore, some people even consider that by owning a house one will abstain from living in different locations and may get deprived of this exuberant enjoyment of staying at various places. Finally, a owned house in along run may not be suitable and forcefully one has to stay there.

To summarize, owning a house is a typical issue, which has both pros and cons. However, I believe that the pros of becoming a homeowner outweigh cons.

Vishwa.
David.IELTS.Examiner
IELTS Examiner
IELTS Examiner

Re: How to improve my writing tasks 1 and 2

Post by David.IELTS.Examiner »

Hi Vishwa,
The letter is REALLY good!
I think the essay is good, but you could just add a little more to each of the main paragraphs. Giving examples from your country is a good way to do this.
All the best,
David
vishwa

Re: How to improve my writing tasks 1 and 2

Post by vishwa »

Thank you