Please rate my essay,thank you!

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
vince3214

Please rate my essay,thank you!

Post by vince3214 »

Some people think that men and women have different qualities. Therefore, some certain jobs are suitable for men and some jobs are suitable for women . To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Generally, men and women possess different mental and physical characteristics and therefore they usually specialize in different fields. It is reasonable for employer to select workers according to their skills and abilities. I agree that some certain jobs are suitable for men and vice versa. But the skills are more important than genders in employment.

The number of employed males and females were significantly different as a result of gender discrimination. This situation has been improved these days, it is hard to find any gender discriminated requirements on employments advertisement. However, it is undeniable that physical difference or appearance are appealing to employers. For example, workers in construction site are usually men, since the works require heavy physical power while receptionist are generally women due to their appearance can make good impression to customers.

Mental characteristics play important role in education. This can be observed in high school where male students are more likely to choose science subjects as they are more rational, which allows them to learn problem solving skill more efficiently. On the other hand, girls are generally more emotional, arts and literature are more suitable for them. Hence, as a result of early education, males and females tends to have different preference in selecting majors in university, which results in different career path.

Admittedly, gender equality still needs to be promoted. But not by the method of forcing employers to employ equal number of males and females. Instead, both genders should be given the same right to complete under the same standards. Furthermore, including different genders in single gender dominant occupation is also important, such as male nurses are necessary since their power may help in transporting patient.

In conclusion, it is general fact that some jobs are more suitable for certain gender. What is more important is to employ according to candidates' skills, gender should never gain priority in employment.

P.S my logic was a bit messed up when i wrote this essay, at one point i wanted to point out i agree with some jobs are suitable with male/female, it is a general fact. But then i wanted to add 'skills and ability are more important then gender',this argument kind of twisted what i agreed on, i am not sure if i can do this in exam.
Thank you for your time!!