Please point out errors on my essay and grade it

Post your Task 1 or 2 response and/or read the responses of other students and provide feedback.
herreradavid1

Please point out errors on my essay and grade it

Post by herreradavid1 »

Successful sports professionals can earn a great deal more money than people in other important professions. Some people think is fully justified while others think it is unfair.
Discus both these views and give your own opinion.
Give reason for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
Write at least 250 words.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In today’s society is common to see astronomical numbers when the salaries of famous sport professionals are published. Some the people consider is not fair that the wages of sportsmen outnumber those of other professionals like doctors or engineers. In the next text I will discuss two opposite points of view of this situation as well as the reasons why I think it is completely fair.

Firstly, it is very common to see two different and extreme situations in the sports jobs market. While, the most famous athletes earns millions of dollars those that are not that famous receive a very low salary. For example, players from Barcelona FC, the most popular football club of the world, earn millions of dollars each month. On the other hand, players of secondary categories (99% of the players) never receive at least the salary of other professionals. From that example, is clear that the individuals of other professions earning at least a good salary outnumber the athletes that can say the same.

Secondly, some people argue that it is not fair that athletes like the golf player Tiger Woods earn more money than other professionals like social workers. This is because elite players have thousands of followers. Furthermore the media constantly treat the elite players as heroes while other professionals that make greater contributions remain unknown. This kind of treatment represents a difference in the salaries of the professionals that are seen as goods.

In conclusion, I believe that our culture pay too much attention to the achievements of the sport stars. If common individuals were more interested in scientific or cultural shows in place of sports contests the difference of the salaries would be lower.